Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 03:47 AM

Default My interesting hand of the day

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.5/$1), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.25 (hand converter)

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

River

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

Results:

Seat 1: balance $7.25, bet $3.25, collected $4.25, net +$1 [ 7c 5d Ts 6c Ks Ad 2c ] [ LO: 7,6,5,2,A | HI: high card ace with king kicker -- Ad,Ks,Ts,7c,6c ]
Hero: balance $15.38, bet $3.25, collected $4.25, net +$1 [ 3s 6d As 7d Qc 8c 2d ] [ LO: 7,6,3,2,A | HI: high card ace -- As,Qc,8c,7d,6d ]

Old 05-05-2005, 04:03 AM

Default Re: My interesting hand of the day

I would bet fifth and give these mopes a chance to fold. Then again, I'm not sure what a guy who calls on third with (57)T is trying to make. Maybe he thinks he has enough of a draw to call anyway.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:15 AM

When i'm against two others with high door cards and I have no high draw and no low, shouldn't I be hoping for cheap cards?
Old 05-05-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
shouldn't I be hoping for cheap cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not on 5th, when neither of the two with high door cards have been showing any strength. First, you've got a good low draw, you've got two chances to hit one of your outs to a low (15 outs are live, by my quick count), and one of the other two players would have to hit runner runner to beat any low that you hit on 6th or 7th, so your pot equity for the low half of the pot is good. As for the high half, you have an A up, raised 3rd and are betting 5th after catching a Q, so you're representing a high, and that could convince the two mediocre highs that you're going high and they should fold right there. Even if one or the other doesn't fold 5th, your A and Q are fairly live, so you could catch an overpair or even two pair, and you've also got the slight possibility of the backdoor straight.

All in all, bet 5th, and either take the whole pot right there or get more money in the pot when you've got more than 1/3 of the pot equity.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:05 PM

you have the only expected low draw - you want to charge them for the street. If one of them is going low and just caught brick-brick, they may give up there.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:06 PM

You can represent Aces. Given what you got shown, it seems reasonable to think that an Ace or a Queen might give you a win.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:09 PM

Who do you put on a low draw, the guy with the Nine in the door or the guy with the Ten in the door?