Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 03:00 PM

Default JJ multiway, overpair, OOP, paired flop - NL100

PFR'r is average/standard 29/7. Villain is 50/11/2 and loose post-flop. I have $110, villain covers. I am dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB.

PRE-FLOP
MP1 calls $1, MP2 bets $4.50, villain calls $4.50, CO calls $4.50, Button folds, Hero calls $4, BB folds, MP1 calls $3.50.

FLOP $23 [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Hero bets $12, 2 folds, villain calls $12, 1 fold.

TURN $47 [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Hero checks, Villain bets $12, Hero calls $12.

RIVER $71 [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Hero checks, Villain bets $30, Hero calls $30.

My plan on the flop was to fold to any raise, particularly from the PFR. Now I got called by the loose guy at the table and I'm not sure what to do on the turn and river. During the hand, I felt betting or raising only helped against a draw, and would get no value from hands i'm beating and get no hands that beat me to fold. Anyone suggest a real line other than my clueless c/c'ing?
Old 09-26-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: JJ multiway, overpair, OOP, paired flop - NL100

Bet more on the flop, close to the pot is good. His call on the flop could mean 99+, but also AK-AQ since you bet so little. Given that you bet so little on the flop, you pretty have to calldown (ie not fold the river). If he calls your flop PSB, think about slowing down on the turn, and folding to any further big bets.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Re: JJ multiway, overpair, OOP, paired flop - NL100

Misread action, so I'm going to rewrite this post.

I check/call flop and try to use the action to figure out where I'm at in the hand. As played, I think you have to be concerned about Villain. I honestly don't see Villain value betting the river without an 8 no matter how bad he is.

Still, my line would be something like this:
Check/call flop. After the pot becomes heads up, I check/call turn to try to keep the pot small and then block the river for maybe 25$. Pot will be smaller given this line. I fold to a raise for sure on the river.