Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 03:02 AM

Default another overcard on the flop!

SB is 28/16 over 30 something hands, that's all I got

Cryptologic 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.00 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero ???

I'm thinking peel and fold if SB bets again, not sure what to do if BB bets.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:30 AM

Default Re: another overcard on the flop!

what cards do you want to see on the turn that make you feel more comfortable? A T and a club maybe. The pot is huge so I think a peel is ok. But most of the time you'll be in the same spot on the turn again. You are behind most of SBs three-betting range against an UTG raiser. So I'd call because of pot odds and hope for one of the afore-mentioned cards. Fold UI.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:02 AM

Personally, since you have position, I like calling the PF 3-bet then raising (almost) any flop. Same number of bets, with a little fold equity sprinkled on top.

Then if 3-bet, you can either fold right there or call and check-fold the turn UI.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, since you have position, I like calling the PF 3-bet then raising (almost) any flop. Same number of bets, with a little fold equity sprinkled on top.

Then if 3-bet, you can either fold right there or call and check-fold the turn UI.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just calling the 3-bet would be alright if they were HU, but with BB in you got plenty of equity to cap it.

Oh yeah, and this hand sucks. I like your plan, FWIW. I'm really not sure how I'd play this. If it goes check, bet on the turn I think you gotta call down.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just calling the 3-bet would be alright if they were HU, but with BB in you got plenty of equity to cap it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. I actually didn't notice the BB being in the hand. With the BB in, letting him pad the equity difference for you is good. But there is something to be said for keeping the pot small to keep them from accidentally making correct decisions postflop.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:17 AM

raise the flop, call a 3bet and c/f turn UI. If the flop raise is just called, bet the turn and fold to a c/r.