Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Is pokerstars without a bonus better than pokerroom with a bonus?

I have an article that answers this very question, but being a newbie here, I'm not sure if it's cool to post a link. If so, please let me know, and I will post the link.

Here's the section that speaks to what you ask ($2/$4 full ring):

1. A reload bonus always helps to offset the rake, but it may not help as much as you think. Poker Room's October 2005 reload bonus requires you to earn 10x the bonus amount (in dollars) in player points. (Prior to October 2005, players were required to earn only 7x the bonus amount.) You receive 0.07 player points for every $0.10 in rake. So, you will receive an average of 0.84 player points (0.07 x 12) for every hand that is raked (Poker Room abides by the "no flop, no drop" rule, meaning that it takes no rake if there isn't a flop). This means that you will need to play about 2,900 hands of $2/$4 to earn the 2,000 player points that will release the maximum $200 bonus. "That $200 helps to make up the difference in rake between Poker Room and Poker Stars," you think. Let's do the math, again assuming that you are that very good player who wins 10% of all hands played. Once you play those 2,900 hands at Poker Room, you will have paid back about $351 (290 x 1.21) in rake. Had you played those 2,900 hands at Poker Stars, you would have paid back $203 (290 x 0.70) in rake. The difference is $148, so you net a real profit of $52 on that bonus--not bad, but not a real $200, either.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have an article that answers this very question, but being a newbie here, I'm not sure if it's cool to post a link. If so, please let me know, and I will post the link.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like the link please.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:01 PM

As a general rule, non commercial, non affiliate links are just fine. People here are very good at sniffing out spam that's disguised as a question.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:25 AM

My website has lots of original content on it, but there are affiliate links too, so I just wanted to say that up front. Here's the link to the online rake article:

http://www.actionflop.com/article-online-rakes.htm

David