Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Bush\'s response

"You don't say!" Why would anyone, I have to wonder. (BTW... since I can imagine the typical-- 'you don't like Bush you must be a liberal so I'll write you off' response... My Mother and Father have been life long Republicans. Both voted against Bush. My wife's Grandfather once didn't talk to a relative of his because that relative admitted he was voting Democrat. He's FAMOUSLY Republican. He hates Bush.... Your "you don't say" sounds loaded, but I can't imagine what it implies?

"And unless Texas law is radically different from other Capital Punishment states, every one of those executed were allowed an attorney to argue their case (provided for free if they couldn't afford it)and years and years of appeals." I believe there's been plenty written about the travesties of justice... Lawyer's spending 15 minutes prepping for their cases... sleeping in court was my favorite.

Regardless of the state's laws... As Governor, he could grant clemency. He didn't. It contradicts his statement. You find nothing contradictory about the man who governed over the record number of executions... the man who mocked a woman pleading for clemency... making the statements he did. Seems odd to me.

"Bush's war on Iraq led to how many innocents being saved? Probably hundreds of thousands, if not millions." Complete hyperbole. Who was saved from whom? Its been adequately shown that Saddam was a threat to no one. There was no reason to invade the country.

"I'll assume that you're talking about rendition which was NOT introduced under Bush's watch but under CLINTON'S watch" I'm talking about this administration trying to excuse themselves from torture because the Geneva Convention was outdated. Why are you bringing up Clinton? What's he have to do with Bush's hypocrisy/dishonesty?

"Many of those locked up are beyond suspected of doing something wrong..." I'm not sure that makes sense. 100s have already been let go after 1 or 2 of incarceration because... they didn't do anything. BTW... it used to be 'Republican' to argue for the Constitution and following the law. Its only the new breed on neoconservative who are into picking and choosing when they need to follow the laws, screw with the Constituion, etc.

"Wrong again. Those on death row have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be guilty. And guilty of a heinous crime." No they haven't. Are you living in a cave? Apparently you've missed the numerous findings where people (because of new DNA evidence or whatever) were pulled off death row because they were proven innocent. Mind you, there have also been cases where evidence was found proving the suspects innocence when the trial is closed and their appeals have run out. ie... There is plenty of doubt as to their guilt, but the court doesn't care.

You're confusing a legal ruling with truth. They are not one and the same.

In Bush's case, he's notorious because of the terrible rulings that have happened in his state.