Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Flop bottom 2 in a 6 way pot

$20+2, 180 people on PS

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) converter

MP2 (t1500)
MP3 (t1480)
CO (t1460)
Button (t1530)
SB (t1440)
Hero (t1500)
UTG (t1610)
UTG+1 (t1480)
MP1 (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls t20, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t40</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls t40, Button calls t40, SB calls t30, Hero calls t20, UTG calls t20.

Flop: (t240) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t80</font>, Hero calls t80, UTG calls t80, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t280</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls t200, Hero ???

I think that UTG+1 may have a higher PP, but I am scared of SB. He could be on a draw or a bettor 2 pairs. Do you wait to see the turn or define your hand right now?
Old 12-22-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Flop bottom 2 in a 6 way pot

what buy-in is this?

with no reads, I push this.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:59 PM

Raise the SB to t300 on the flop instead of just calling. Most people will realize that you have at least two pair and it will be tough for anybody else to reraise with less than two pair.

I'd be willing to call one person's push or to reraise all in if only one person reraises me. If somebody else pushes and then the SB or another player calls I fold (or a raise and push by two players). Only hands you are worried about are 55, 99, TT, and 9T all which could be out there but I'm willing to go broke against one player since I've seen some horrible play in these 180 man SnGs.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:05 PM

I didn't want to scare 1 pair hands on the flop, so I was willing to only call and see what the other players have by their action.

What would you do now?
Old 12-22-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't want to scare 1 pair hands on the flop, so I was willing to only call and see what the other players have by their action.

What would you do now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you want to keep 1 pair hands in here? You have bottom two and there is a straight draw on the board. By only calling you are allowing other people to draw to their hands for cheap getting good odds. If a 7, 8, T, J, Q, K, or A comes off you now let the straight draw get there or counterfieted your two pair(any card 8 or bigger may give a better two pair). RERAISE this on the flop and get it heads up so you know you're probably only up against somebody with a T or an over pair.

I think you're still in the lead now. SB should have reraised with any of the hands beating you(5T, 9T, 55, 99, TT). But the other raiser could have a set a higher two pair. He could also have QJ and figures his Q or J are outs also and is thinking he can buy a free turn. He might be trying to see if his over pair is good.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:28 AM

Hero Calls.

I called because I didn`t want to re-raise all-in and be called only by bettor hands.

Turn : Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero???

My thinking where that this is a bad card for me, could have made a Str8 for the SB, hit a set for UTG+1, so I wanted to keep the pot small and only call a bet from UTG+1 depending of SB action.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-23-2005, 02:28 PM

You have to push this flop. Bottom two pair is not a hand that wants any action. Protect your hand-- forget that Hellmuthian "keeping pots small" stuff-- the pot ISN'T small. You have a hand that could trap you in no man's land with any number of turn cards. Take down the pot while your hand is good.

Turn? I dunno. Check raise UTG+1 all in? He should bet when checked to. I dunno... your flop thinking is all backwards and that's made it very hard for you.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:31 PM

I am raising the SB to 250 or so rather than calling, its early in the tournament and I would just be happy to take down the pot there and then, fair number of people in the pot and I wouldn't want them to draw cheaply.