Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2004, 06:00 PM

Default 100 NL vs 4x25 NL

just wondering what everyone thinks on what is more profitable per hour: playing a 100 NL table where you can actually study player tendencies. or playing 4 25 $ NL tables at the same time (presumably against worse players but not being able to pay attention to anything besides the cards.)

let me know what you think. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

B9
Old 09-21-2004, 06:11 PM

Default Re: 100 NL vs 4x25 NL

id say studying a players tendancies is extremely overrated in a game similiar to nl100. youd be better off to play 1 nl100 table, and read this forum in between hands, than to really watch the players closely. their play is usually so all over the place that its not worth it. i would suggest getting pokertracker, and multitabling the highest limit your BR and skill and handle. export your notes so you know aht type of player everyone is without having to watch the game. a side benefit is that your daily variance will be lower by multitabling lower limits. there is something to be said about concentrating on 1 to 2 tables to learn how to play better though. for money purposes, id multitable nl25 or nl50, and throw in some single table nl100 stuff to work on your game. really quiz yourself constantly in each hand you played, why you played it that way, if its correct, and in what other situations you would play it that way.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:38 PM

Default Re: 100 NL vs 4x25 NL

I think the best way to answer this is to try it! Also... If you are a winning player at the $100 tables why not play 4 of those? Just a thought...

I've 4-tabled at the $50 level but prefer to play just one $200 table coz it's more fun and less stressing... I think you would make about the same from the two scenarios, but the variance will probably be less whne 4-tabling.

On an unrelated note... I just laid down KK preflop against aces [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]