Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 12-26-2005, 07:25 PM

Default STAY AWAY from 9 poker....

Before I come off as a crazy loon here, I've been a lurker for a while and I post at other Poker sites.

Anyway....

So, on the website they have a special. Get 150% bonus up to $150 for 1500 POP. I signed up yesterday and didn't even bother to look at it until today. Well, I looked at my bonus history and it was showing 2700. That's odd, it should only be 1500 So I talked to live chat. Here is a summary of what I said between myself and the CSR:

ristina: Welcome to Client Services, how can I help you?
you: hello
you: i just recently signed up for the poker site and made a deposit
cristina: Can I have your username and password please?
you: sure
you: xxxxx
you: xxxxxxx
cristina: One moment please.
you: in the bonus history, it states i need 2700 POP to clear the bonus
you: the $150 initial deposit one
you: that doesn't seem correct in my bonus history
you: thank you
you: are you still there?
cristina: Sir you are one of our lucky customers you see our regular bonus is of 150%, meaning you must reach 1500 pop points, but you got one lucky wild card in our poker room you have to reach 2700 pop points
cristina: you will get back $225 instead of the 150
cristina: good luck!!!
you: what if i don't want to do that?
you: i'd prefer the 1500 POP for $150
cristina: as soon as you hit 2700 poppoints it will setup automatically.
you: you aren't understanding me, if i only wish to do the $150 deal for 1500 POP
you: will i get the $150 immediately upon completeion 1500 POP
cristina: Sir many player die for receiving more money through poker!!
you: umm, i understand that. however, if i wanted extra. i'd do this deal and then do the reload bonus
you: i'd prefer the 1500 pop for $150
cristina: Sir you can call the poker manager Jack at 1-866-238-999 extension 2120
cristina: he will be waiting for your call.
you: i guess. i'm not sure why I need to, but that's fine
cristina: he needs to talk to you
cristina: but thank you for your time!!!
you: wow. ok. not very helpful.

So, I go back to the T&C to just make sure I didn't screw up. Here's what their site says:

150% Sign up Bonus!
Increase your betting power by an incredible 150% up to $150 when you open a new account with Ninepoker.com. Simply make your initial deposit directly into the poker room and you will instantly receive 150% Bonus!

Ok, so I call this Jack guy. Well he's talking to me. I'm telling him I don't want that bonus, only the one I had signed up for. He says he can't do that. Then he hangs up on me.

Ok, second go around. I call him back. Tell him I didn't sign up for this extra stuff, and I want my $150 for 1500 POP. He tells me it can't be done. Once the bonus is entered into the computer, it's done. They claim that the bonus switched, and it "must have occured as I was signing up" I tell him that they are "baiting and switching" me on this deal, since I see the website now and it's exactly the same as it was when I signed up. He says he can't do anything to help me and that I should be gracious to accept extra money from them. I continue to argue with him, and he continues to maintain they did nothing wrong. I asked to speak to a supervisor. He says he is and won't connect me to anyone else. I hung up on him. I was sick of dealing with him and the [censored] lies he was giving me.

Basically, they bait you in with one deal and give you something else that you didn't sign up for. They are unwilling to work with me on this issue, claiming they are doing me a favor by increasing the bonus amount, but it's just making me have to play longer there for more rake in their pockets.

Stay away from these shady assholes. They are cheaters and liars.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: STAY AWAY from 9 poker....

What a bunch of morans. Whore the other skins instead.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:56 PM

The best part is the "one lucky wild card" that makes you play more. LUCKY YOU!
Old 12-26-2005, 08:02 PM

I think the best line that sums up the entire ordeal is this: Sir many player die for receiving more money through poker!!

Hahahaha
Old 12-26-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ristina: Welcome to Client Services, how can I help you?
you: hello
you: i just recently signed up for the poker site and made a deposit
cristina: Can I have your username and password please?
you: sure
you: xxxxx
you: xxxxxxx
you: in the bonus history, it states i need 2700 POP to clear the bonus
you: the $150 initial deposit one
you: that doesn't seem correct in my bonus history
you: are you still there?
cristina: Sir you are one of our lucky customers you see our regular bonus is of 150%, meaning you must reach 1500 pop points, but you got one lucky wild card in our poker room you have to reach 2700 pop points
cristina: you will get back $225 instead of the 150
cristina: good luck!!!
you: what if i don't want to do that?
you: i'd prefer the 1500 POP for $150
cristina: as soon as you hit 2700 poppoints it will setup automatically.
you: you aren't understanding me, if i only wish to do the $150 deal for 1500 POP
you: will i get the $150 immediately upon completeion 1500 POP
cristina: Sir all your base are belong to us!!
you: umm, i understand that. however, if i wanted extra. i'd do this deal and then do the reload bonus
you: i'd prefer the 1500 pop for $150
cristina: Sir you can call the poker manager Jack at 1-866-238-999 extension 2120
cristina: he will be waiting for your call.
you: i guess. i'm not sure why I need to, but that's fine
cristina: he needs to talk to you
cristina: but thank you for your time!!!
you: wow. ok. not very helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

My first FYP
Old 12-26-2005, 08:29 PM

NH
Old 12-27-2005, 01:20 AM

WAAAAAA! they gave me more money...
Old 12-27-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes people don't want a bigger bonus than what they've already signed up for. In fact, sometimes people DON'T max out bonuses.

Why?

I am assuming in this case (because it wouldn't be a problem if it was released in increments), the entire bonus is released in one chunk, once all the play requirements are met. Well, a bigger bonus requires that the OP play more at the site. There's a chance that the OP might lose more money between the 1500 POP (I assume these are the site's "points") and the 2700 POP than he receives in additional bonus. So what did the extra bonus money accomplish then? Nothing except losing the OP money and giving the site more rake.

Or, the OP might be a low stakes player and this bonus is tough to earn at low stakes, so an extra $120 would take a long time.

One site I see people not maxing out bonuses because of these potential scenarios is PokerRoom.com. In fact, when I first signed up for PR, I was only playing .5/1 fixed limit and $5 S&G's, which made it very hard to earn the max bonus. I cashed out before I received it. In a case like this, it's better to deposit an amount that would give you a bonus that you are comfortable earning.

I see no problems at all with the OP's complaints.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha.

First and foremost, it has nothing to do with the bonus amount. It has EVERYTHING to do with principle. I signed up for a specific promotion, and they switched it on me. That's lying and cheating. If you don't understand that, then, well I'm sorry for you.

Second, going from 1500 POP to 2700 pop is a huge jump. Let's think about this. 3000 POP should be $300, right? Essentially their bonus is taking it from being 10 POP per $1 of bonus increment to 12 POP per $1 increment. If they gave me 2250, then I'd be a little less angry, but still pissed off about them lying and switching. Now, I have to clear a bonus that is more difficult due to the raised POP requirement.

Third, they haven't given me [censored] yet. Maybe you can't read but the money isn't instantaneous. I have to play through to get the bonus in one lump sum. So, instead of doing an easy 1500, I need to do almost double that.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:15 AM

No, they didn't. They made it harder for him to clear his bonus and increased his chance that he would bust first. What's to stop them from "extending" the bonus again? What Cristina meant to say is, "Sir, many people die before receiving more money through our bonus scheme."