Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Turning 8\'s full 10/20 live limit

Ok.. So I am sitting 10/20 Limit and am on the cutoff... I am dealt 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. There are only two callers at that point so I threw out a raise. I had a pretty tight rep at the table.. So the button and SB folded .Everbody else called. The flop come 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] So I hit bottom two pair. So it is checked around to the player on my direct right.. He bets..He is a loose cannon overthere so I dont hold much value in this hand...So I raise.. The button folds and the guy in 1st pos re-raies. The LC reraises and then for some reason I cap it.At this point I knew the 8 was comin on the turn. Same hand night before. The turn is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] So now I have 8's full..So at this point I am last in pos and it goes like this. bet, raise- all in..so side pot.I re-raise,call. the river was a blank. In the pit of my stomach I knew I was beat. So he bet.raise.re-raise.call. He has queens full. I wanted to throw up. Any thought as to how I can play that different next time??
Old 12-23-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Turning 8\'s full 10/20 live limit

flop - Cap isnt "terrible"

turn - he might as well turned his hand face up when he 3 bets the flop and Donks the turn. I just call here but a raise to see where you still are (if you put him on the queens) isnt terrbile.

When he smooth calls the turn raise the alarms that were sounding already should have been enough for you to go into call down mode.

your river - this should be a call only , Can't see possibly raising here.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:15 PM

The PF raise is silly.

The flop cap is ok.

The turn 3bet is also ok, as the QQ guy might be donking AQ/KQ because he puts you on a draw or somesuch.

The river raise is a little much, but would have been ok if not for your read.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The PF raise is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Furthermore, in the beginning of your post, you say Button folded, but then suddenly Button is back in the hand on the flop. This post is extremely confusing, especially with all the "so.." in it.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:06 PM

I loved all the "so"'s, you got style.

"At this point I knew the 8 was comin on the turn. Same hand night before."

Deja vu all over again, huh?

"In the pit of my stomach I knew I was beat. So he bet.raise.re-raise."

So if I know I'm beat, I feel it's better to fold. If I only think I'm beat but I'm not sure, I call. I try to save my raises for when they'll show a profit.

Any time you lose with a full house you're going to lose a lot of bets. I don't have the problem others have with the preflop raise, especially from the cut-off where it could buy you the button. Once the guy 3-bets the flop, I'd be wary of two pair. Now he bets the turn, and calls two more on the turn, what did you put him on? I would have lost two less bets than you on the river.

"I wanted to throw up."

Not good. Better to do what you actually did, to post the hand here for feedback.