Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-23-2005, 02:17 AM

Default 10/20 AA at the Borgata

Table has been juicy earlier, but has just recently tightened up. SB has only been at table for two rotations, during which he raised 2 hands PF, got no callers, and showed KK and AQo respectively.

Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in MP1.

Pre-Flop: EP1 limps, Hero raises, SB calls, EP1 calls, all else fold

Flop (7 SBs): K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, EP1 bets, Hero raises, SB calls, EP1 calls

Turn (6.5 BBs): [K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, EP1 checks, Hero checks

River (6.5 BBs): [K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets, EP1 calls, Hero folds

Thoughts?
Old 12-23-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Re: 10/20 AA at the Borgata

Barf. You've so MASSIVELY underrepresented your hand here that you can't fold on the river.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:30 AM

Why did you check the turn? You have 11 outs against most Ks anyway, and you're not up against a K here close to all the time. If the pot remains three ways, you are probably in generally very good shape as your drawing equity is so high and you'll be ahead so often.

So I think there's value in a turn bet.

And you really can't fold the turn after underrepresenting your hand that much.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:33 AM

I think the only thing supporting his line was the SB cold calling 2 and every draw hitting on the turn.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you check the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I hate to be check-raised in this spot because I do not want to have top pay 2 bets to hit my draw when I have a chance to hit it for free.

2) I almost positive the tight SB who just cold-called to bets on that very coordinated board is going for the check-raise.

3) I see almost no hands I am up against that are not beating me with that turn card.

4) If, for some strange reason, I am already ahead, there are not many cards that can come on the river to let give my opponents the lead in the hand.

[ QUOTE ]
You have 11 outs against most Ks anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I will NEVER have 11 clean outs here, and may in fact be drawing to only 2.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the only thing supporting his line was the SB cold calling 2 and every draw hitting on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously from my reasoning, I agree with this post. I think the decision would be a little more difficult if EP1 didn't call the river bet, but it's a tough spot to overcall here given the action.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:34 PM

I'm fine wiht you checking through on the turn actually. I have a very hard time thinking of hands in our opponents range that checkcall on the turn here. I think he's either checkraising or checkfolding. Everyone's two pair draws are now dead, just check behind, call if bet to you, bet if checked to you.