Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 06:29 PM

Default pot equity

Is pot equity used in a 10/20 game?Here is the example, Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] DO i raise and reraise becuase of my pot equity?Or do i just semi bluff because it is to expensive to reraise for value.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Re: pot equity

[ QUOTE ]
Is pot equity used in a 10/20 game?Here is the example, Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] DO i raise and reraise becuase of my pot equity?Or do i just semi bluff because it is to expensive to reraise for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

please post this in beginners forum.

-Barron
Old 06-22-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please post this in beginners forum.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, post it in the micro-limit forum. And get and read SSHE. There are several concepts involved in this hand and you seem to have them all jumbled together in your head. SSHE will help you sort it out.

Good luck.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:22 PM

No i need to post this here i play 10/20 and i got this concept from small stakes.I didnt read any thing about this in HOLDEM FOR ADVANCED PLAYERS.so im wondering does pot equity apply in a 10/20 game becuase the stakes are much higher.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No i need to post this here i play 10/20 and i got this concept from small stakes.I didnt read any thing about this in HOLDEM FOR ADVANCED PLAYERS.so im wondering does pot equity apply in a 10/20 game becuase the stakes are much higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh.. I can't tell if you are trolling or not. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If you are seriously asking this, you haven't grasped the concept yet. All the concepts you mushed into your post apply regardless of the stakes being played. If you don't see that, you need to go back and do some more reading... or post this in the microlimits forum if you still don't understand.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so im wondering does pot equity apply in a 10/20 game becuase the stakes are much higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the truth, PLEASE accept the feedback you've already recived in this thread.

Pep.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:35 PM

Pot equity is used in all games. You should not worry about it being "expensive," you should worry about the number of outs you think you have versus the number of people who will put bets in and the amount of money in the pot. In this situation, here are some important things to consider:

-whether or not the pot is multiway
-if it was raised preflop
-are the other players tight or loose(ie. what hands are they likely to have?)
-will they fold the hands for additional bets(will the call 4 cold with a gutshot?)
-where the bet came from(will you be facing others with a double bet?)

Those are all that came to mind for the moment, but I am sure there are more(though they are probably not so relevent at the 10/20 level). I can explain further later if you are interested.

Jason
Old 06-22-2005, 09:32 PM

"please post this in beginners forum."

Why does everyone have to be so cocky and such a dik on this mid stakes forum. Answer the question or stfu and dont read the post.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:04 PM

Why does everyone have to be so cocky and such a dik on this mid stakes forum.

you dont have enough posts to make such oberserations sir.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"please post this in beginners forum."

Why does everyone have to be so cocky and such a dik on this mid stakes forum. Answer the question or stfu and dont read the post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet here you are...not answering the post...with all kinds of things to say. With all due respect - most of the regulars on this forum (which I am NOT one of) are some of the best High Stakes Limit Holdem players in the world. Please allow them to police this forum and appropriately refer to other forums as they see fit.

Pep.