Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 03-18-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Re: My 5 biggest downswings are...

after 25k hands at 2/4 and 3/6 my biggest is 70BB

:O i know its coming soon
Old 03-19-2005, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
650 BB downswing.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

Karma's a bitch, eh?

Dan
Old 03-19-2005, 05:55 AM

I had a 350BB 1 year ago, a 300BB last summer and a 300BB right now. I play about 20K hands/month.

Swings are very dependent on your actual long term winrate. 1BB/100 and 3BB/100 makes an extreme difference. The first one will see +500BB, the 2nd one not more then +200BB.

But this, of course, is dependent on you always playing the same style against the same players. And I dont think u are, if u are on a brutal downswing u play worse, people get a little bit more tricky, seeing u lose at the table, and u get a little more weak from losing all the time. You would need to be a robot, never letting then down and upswings change your style a little.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So if, for example, a bad player who did not know how to play very well started with 1,000 BBS: He went through the various cycles of winning and losing with many peaks and valleys over the course of 500,000 hands but wound up broke after these 500,000 hands... He could then say he was on a 1,000BB Downswing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have to be a winning player to be able to say that you are experiencing or had experienced a downswing. If you are a losing player you arenīt exactly on a downswing are you?

Strictly speaking a winning player that has a proven winrate of 2BB/h could be said to be on a downswing if his winrate drops to 1BB/h over a long enough timespan. Of course almost no one can be sure what their true winrate is, but nonetheless...
Old 03-19-2005, 09:57 AM

Any chance you can post up the procedure for exporting hands/$$ data from PT to excel spreadsheet. I tried to do this before but it was a messy cut&paste job and some fiddling around in excel after. There must be a simple way to run an export?
Old 03-19-2005, 01:31 PM

I'm nearly 300 bb down at (mostly) 10/20 six max in the last week only over 3,500 hands and VPIP around 23. Every time I sit down I'm -10 bb/100 for the session. Seems out of control, but I've been a little better than break even in the previous months (after improving my game with help of posters here), so I'm hoping it's a cold streak and not a reality check. Gives me some encouragement that, after switching to .50/1 to take a break and work off a bonus, I won like 3 in 200 hands. Sometimes the cards just aren't there . . . and sometimes you just suck and chalk it up to variance.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any chance you can post up the procedure for exporting hands/$$ data from PT to excel spreadsheet. I tried to do this before but it was a messy cut&paste job and some fiddling around in excel after. There must be a simple way to run an export?

[/ QUOTE ]

This graphing tool looks pretty freakin cool, but I cant get it to work on my puter. I'm the moron Hankwut. Wish I could get this to work.... Nap it may save you time as opposed to messin with excel.

http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4226
Old 03-20-2005, 08:43 PM

The reason for this is because Guido is too tight. He is folding too much trash preflop. He needs to play Q4o more on the button.

I'm not that tight anymore. My VP$IP is not about 25% at the moment.

Thanks,

Guido
Old 03-20-2005, 08:48 PM

Hi Nap,

I keep record the amount of BB's I win/lose each day in excel. So when I know from when to when I had a downswing, I can get an estimate of the amount of hands by filtering between these days in Pokertracker. That program Maxx suggested might be a better idea though.

Thanks,

Guido
Old 03-20-2005, 09:37 PM

I lost 120 bets in 400 hands. Does that count?

-Michael