Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 03-18-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: My 5 biggest downswings are...

Hi DrGutshot,

Well that took some time to estimate. I also discovered a small mistake in my first calculations. Here are the numbers I can come up with:

268BB 7K hands
196BB 3.3K hands
426BB 22K hands
385BB 15.2K hands
178BB 7.3K hands

I've had great runs where I had a winrate of more than 7 over 7 or 8K hands but then I would get a big downswing and even after this many hands I can't even reach 1BB/100 so far overall.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, for what it's worth, keep on posting here, I value your posts along with 2 or 3 others as the best. I haven't seen many posts/replies from you lately

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to improve my game a lot. I've become a lot better out of the blinds but somehow things don't work in the blinds.

I also don't spent that much time at these boards because most of the posts just aren't that interesting. I will try to spent some more time here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Thanks,

Guido
Old 03-18-2005, 02:59 PM

well that is pretty nasty.

when you measure a downswing, does it start with a losing session and end when you have a winning session?

So when you say you are on a 400BB down swing it means that your swing looks something like this:

session 0= + 1BB
session 1= -100BB
session 2= -50BB
session 3= -75BB
session 4=-25BB
session 5=-50BB
session 6=-100BB
for a total of -400BBs worth of consec losing sessions

session 7= +1BB= equals end of downswing.

I just wonder if people have a uniform definition of a downswing.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've had great runs where I had a winrate of more than 7 over 7 or 8K hands but then I would get a big downswing and even after this many hands I can't even reach 1BB/100 so far overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very similar to my experience so far as well [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to improve my game a lot. I've become a lot better out of the blinds but somehow things don't work in the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

once again, my experience exactly. I am having tons of trouble bringing my bb/hand in the blinds up.

[ QUOTE ]
I also don't spent that much time at these boards because most of the posts just aren't that interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience exactly [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
It's tough finding good interesting hands on these forums. I have been searching old-school ED hands from 6mo-2yrs ago for good stuff.

Anyways, I will join you in our never-ending quest for a better winrate, good luck and see you around. Thanks for taking the time to dig up that info.

-DrG
Old 03-18-2005, 03:33 PM

That's not what my definition is of a downswing. I just make a graph and look at a top and a bottom and calculate the difference between those two. Between those two I might have several winning sessions but they didn't make up for the losses until then.

Thanks,

Guido
Old 03-18-2005, 03:43 PM

Serious misrememberance on my part. My big slide was about 525 big bets.

Did I misremember that because it still hurts to think about it or because I am just so old I forget everything?
Old 03-18-2005, 04:08 PM

ok, i see. you make a graph with number of hands along one axis and your bankroll in size of BBs along the other axis (assuming no withdraws or additions). So along this charting you are picking the two points and measuring there distance from eachother in terms of BBs. And therefore you could have many smaller ups and downs along the way. Ok, makes sense... I assume most mean what you mean as well.

So if, for example, a bad player who did not know how to play very well started with 1,000 BBS: He went through the various cycles of winning and losing with many peaks and valleys over the course of 500,000 hands but wound up broke after these 500,000 hands... He could then say he was on a 1,000BB Downswing.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you make a graph with number of hands along one axis and your bankroll in size of BBs along the other axis (assuming no withdraws or additions).

[/ QUOTE ]

not that it really matters but most people plot total amount won or lost on the vertical axis and number of hands or hours on the horizontal axis
Old 03-18-2005, 04:21 PM

You got it, although I don't keep track of the amount of hands played. I got that out of pokertracker by looking at the dates in my excelsheet. There I keep track of the amount of BB won/lost. I just had an other 100BB losing session. I must be playing bad but the amount of suckouts is just amazing. 2, 3 and 4 outers hitting everywhere and I seem to always pay them of.

Thanks,

Guido
Old 03-18-2005, 07:15 PM

Guido, what's your BB/100?
Old 03-18-2005, 08:09 PM

from earlier in this thread

[ QUOTE ]
I can't even reach 1BB/100 so far overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason for this is because Guido is too tight. He is folding too much trash preflop. He needs to play Q4o more on the button. (see the Grisgra thread)