Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-30-2005, 09:39 AM

Default Perhaps a different line

SB is pretty aggressive, we have been playing 4/5 handed for awhile now. He enjoys 3betting in general with not that much. He is not completely retarded, will fold to pressure when beat.

* I raise this preflop about 80% of the time or so

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (3 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (2 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (2 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 4 BB
Old 12-30-2005, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Perhaps a different line

I think it's okay. I'd raise preflop though, but it depends on his tendencies. You could raise the flop or you could do what you did. Turn check is fine IMO because the pot is so small and it sounds like this guy will bet tons of rivers if you show weakness. In a bigger pot I'd say you should bet.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He enjoys 3betting in general with not that much. He is not completely retarded, will fold to pressure when beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean that he won't 3-bet with nothing?

Playing SH, raise it up preflop. Raise or fold on that flop. Bet the turn. If your read is that he folds to pressure when beat, then you need to put pressure on him and see how he reacts, since you're in a situation where you have to contest the small pots. Full table, I'd fold this on the flop.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:02 PM

Folding the flop would be pretty bad boz, imo.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Does this mean that he won't 3-bet with nothing?

[/ QUOTE ]
He is pretty loose with his money on the small streets. He is a lag who doesn't like to call that often, if that makes sense
Old 12-30-2005, 02:30 PM

I think raising the flop is a pretty good option. Since we didn't, I think I play it wa/wb when he bets the turn for the rest of the hand (which he didnt do although we expect villain to continue a high percentage of the time)

Since he didnt bet the turn checkin gbehind is an awful awful choice IMO. We're giving most hands in villain's range at least 6.5:1 to beat us for free.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since he didnt bet the turn checkin gbehind is an awful awful choice IMO. We're giving most hands in villain's range at least 6.5:1 to beat us for free.

[/ QUOTE ]
where'd 6.5:1 come from? the pot is 2 bb. he's never folding a better hand on the turn, and there are not many draws to get value from. it is also unlikely that this player has A-high since he open completed from the small blind, so not much chance for value there either. looks like our only chance to get value here is by inducing a bluff, and it does not have to work often to far outweigh the fact that we are giving him a free chance to draw to however many outs he has.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6.5:1

[/ QUOTE ]

The 6.5:1 is the wrong way to word what I was saying.

What I meant is that his checking to us on the turn rarely means we are behind, and that checking behind gives him infitite odds to draw to a hand with an expected minimum of 6 outs. I was opting to bet for protection.

Also, I'm not convinced that A hi doesn't pay us off here given how we have plyed the hand, although you correctly note the minute possibility of him limping that from sb.

For whatever reason I just think we can get value out of a broader range of hands than you suggest.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:01 PM

A high will definitely pay us off - the problem is that an aggressive player rarely open limps A high in the small blind. just caught your edit.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:17 PM

If you don't raise preflop, you should raise the flop. If he's aggressive, he's betting lots of nothing hands on the flop when he limps in from SB. You don't mind taking down the pot immediately as your hand is vulnerable and you can't tell *WHEN* you're beat because he presumably has two mystery overcards to your 4.