Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: A high call, and extracting with quads - 100NL

First hand I don't call because there's no way you can put him on a worse hand then yours. First of all, your turn bet showed some strength and he just called. So he must have something. He definitely has some piece of the flop. Most likely a J, but maybe a 9. River bet is a guaranteed value bet. He thinks you have a high PP and will call thinking your full house is good. No way he is trying to blow you off your hand with the only two hands that you beat (AQ/KQ). Fold.

Second hand, I don't like flop raise. Very drawsy board and you don't know how strong their hands are. I call, mostly so I don't lose the MP. I hope the turn is a flush card or straight card, but even if it isn't, you really want to let someone who might have AT bet again trying to push out the draws. Either way, I hate the check raise here. That screams that you have a monster. At least lead out. if you want to bet. But as is, I love calling the flop and praying for a good card on the turn.

Turn is tough, but I think you check here too if the button is aggressive and let him bet. Hopefully he does. If he doesn't, hope river is a good card, and value bet it.

You got a lot out of these guys here, but mostly because they are dumb. Any good player would fold to your check/minraise on the flop. Unfortunately, donks cannot smell out their own plays...