Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Pushing a small edge or burning chips?

super easy river cap
Old 07-18-2005, 06:36 PM

River cap plz. UTG is as likely to have 9c8c as a better boat based on his giggling alone. Plus he can certainly be giggling about smaller boats or other runner runner flushes he nailed.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:00 PM

Re: Pushing a small edge or burning chips?

You misspelled big.

-ActionBob
Old 07-18-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Results

I think I'm suffering from results-oriented thinking and trying to figure where I could've saved some money... the giggle when he 4-bet threw me off and really sounded like an I-have-a-monster giggle, hence my failure to 5-bet. Obviously MP's calls are free money for one of us.

Turned out that the flop had made UTG a set of tens over my set of sevens over the MP's set of 3s. (Some donkey requested to see all hands at the showdown)
Old 07-30-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Results

In case this affects anyone's analysis of this situation, I think it's important to point out that haakee's new girlfriend is REALLY, REALLY hot. And cool. But more importantly, REALLY, REALLY hot.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:49 PM

Hi haakee,

You played it perfectly. You have an easy 3-bet on the river getting 2:1 against this guy, and his giggle signals genuine happiness about getting all this action. You should not cap the river after this tell. He's not giggling over trips on a 3-flush board.

Good luck.
Eric
Old 07-30-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, due to some transportation difficulties I'm not able to play at my usual cardroom, but I got out to slum it at a closer cardroom where the largest game is 15-30. So I got into a game that was a crazy ram-and-jam fest. In this particular hand, UTG is somebody who I saw 3-bet preflop with QJo, on another hand I watched him fire an every-street bluff on a Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] flop with 53o (no diamond). 6 people had seen the flop, two people called on the turn, and QJ called him on the river to take it down when an offsuit 3 came. He also made some crazy turn raises where he was unable to call a river bet. He's wild. MP is very loose, not sure about his aggression factor.

Anyway, UTG raises. 3 cold-callers including MP, and I call in the BB with 77.

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Checked to MP who bets. One caller, I call, UTG calls.

Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] putting 2 clubs on the board. I check. UTG bets, MP raises. LP folds. I 3-bet. UTG 4-bets. MP calls and I cap it at 5 bets thinking I probably have the best hand.

River: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet out again. UTG raises. MP sighs and cold-calls. I think for a bit and decide to 3-bet. UTG giggles and 4-bets. MP cold-calls. I grumble and call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You only call on the end?? What are you crazy! MP clearly has 3 tens and no full-house and is stuck calling. Our UTG player flopped a set of 3's and you have the winner. Go ahead and cap it. You don't have to be right often if the MP player is going to continue to call along!
Old 07-30-2005, 06:49 PM

ROTF... I JUST SPIT CHIPS OUT MY MOUTH READING THIS!! TOO MUCH!
Old 07-30-2005, 06:51 PM

While I agree that you have MP beat, he is not withstanding all this action with trips. That river sigh means he thinks he was just drawn out on.

Good luck.
Eric
Old 07-30-2005, 06:55 PM

From my read of OP I thought he said MP was very loose, but not sure of aggressiveness. I thought possibly that MP may have 3 tens and was resigned to calling down... not sure how bad of player he is.

The giggle from the UTG raise to me either means... he just made a running flush or he made quads. I was leaning towards the "HA HA I just got lucky on you chumps with a running flush!!"

But as it turns out it is the other alternative... "I have the mortal nuts... and you guys are sucking (insert your favorite phrase here)!!"

People who play this bad... don't deserve to get this lucky!