Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: I have several essential cell phone calls that I need to make during any given commute.
False 12 80.00%
True 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Johnny Damon signs with Yankees

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well the fact that the typical fan and the media hate the red sox owners and the front office philosophy's make me feel great. i love everything they have done (or haven't) this offseason [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

....this may be an overstatement with some basis in truth, but I don't consider myself the 'typical' fan, and the media...well, c'mon now, they're there to sell papers, so in my book they really don't count most of the time.

I would like to engage you in something that resembles a meaningful conversation, as I have a feeling that we probably see most things the same way, but I'm not sure.

Help me out here....What are the 'key' issues in your mind that need to be discussed?

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasnt directing my comment at you, sorry. i was referring to the clowns you hear on eei.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...np at all, and I didn't think it was directed at me.... just attempting to cement the distinction.

As far as WEEI? It's self-indulgent posturing 85% of the time, and should be viewed as nothing more than that. Every great once in a while there is something of value to be heard there, as long as you're willing to pick your way through the hype.

However, I was more interested in your POV re: the Sox and their management strategy of late.

For example, media posturing aside, given the events since the end of the season, I am concerned about what appears to be a combination of lack of clear direction combined with contradictory behavior by Henry, Lucchino et al.