Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 04:56 PM

Default How can fish NOT know about rake? Outrageous true example.

OK, this happened last night. I was playing a new network that a big former Prima site switched to. They have these promo's going that pay for every 10,000-1,000,000 even hands. Plus a black jack promo. So I wanted to try to win one of those magic numbered hands and went to the highest limit game going on there. .25/.50 it was. Good enough to qualify.

So anyways, before the magic hand goes off, the software crashes as it always does every 15 minutes or so. I thought it was just on my end, but when I reconnected I was the first person back to the table and everyone was then folded around to me and I took the pot that was stalled. Then the software booted everyone but me, and some new player sat down at the same time.

I decided to stay and play for the hell of it. I had 28 bucks and the new guy had 12. He kept rivering me the first 10 hands, really pissed me off. I had 17 and he had 17 at one point.

So then I decided to wipe him out for spite, cuz I hate being rivered like that when he calls with no odds everytime. 15 minutes later, he had nothing left.

Guess how much I had, after playing a total of about 20 minutes at the most heads up? I had 26. I started with 28.
So for 20 minutes of play we paid 14 bucks in rake.

How can a fish not notice when he wipes someone out and ends up with less money than he started???

So to those who say fish don't notice or care about rake, I think that can't be true for long. Eventually they'll realize at low limits where fish start, it's impossible to win. Then they won't continue further into higher stakes because they'll feel they suck at poker. Even though they may be pretty good. But the rake just sucks out everything from their bankroll.

Sites, listen up, don't rape the beginning micro limit players like this. Keep the rake down so they can get started and move up in limits.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: How can fish NOT know about rake? Outrageous true example.

on the site's blackjack, does the dealer hit on soft 17? you left that part out.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:19 PM

"So to those who say fish don't notice or care about rake, I think that can't be true for long."

No.

" Eventually they'll realize at low limits where fish start, it's impossible to win. "

Prehaps but it will not involve any recognition of the rake.

I firmly believe that it may be possible that the best game is the one with the highest rake. I'd go back to Pacific except for about 20 reasons...
Old 11-08-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Prehaps but it will not involve any recognition of the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were sitting at a table with $28 and a guy joined with $14 and you two played HU for 20 minutes before wiping out your opponent, then saw you only had $26 after all that, wouldn't that alert you to what rake can do???

They raked 1 cent for every dime in the pot. Unreal. Who can really afford to play micro-limits with rakes like that? What would be the point? New players just starting out would go away feeling it's impossible to win online poker without ever having moved up in limits.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So then I decided to wipe him out for spite, cuz I hate being rivered like that when he calls with no odds everytime. 15 minutes later, he had nothing left.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wish I could do this on command.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can a fish not notice when he wipes someone out and ends up with less money than he started???

[/ QUOTE ]

how many fish u think actually wipes someone out?

the fish have big sharp teeth, have fins and swim to jaws music where ur from? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cuz I hate being rivered like that when he calls with no odds everytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah man, I hate it when fish make moves that are +EV for me. I'm so sick of winning money.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:46 PM

Your example is a little extreme. Most fish don't play heads up. If they did they would probably notice the rake eventually, but at full or even short tables it is tough to notice.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that a freudian fish .... er I mean slip......

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 12:09 AM

I thought most rooms do not rake 2 and 3 handed games at full tables. Or am i just on crack?