Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: crippling the deck. gimme a line.

I'd just call the flop. I'd check behind on the turn.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:06 PM

OK, I had a similar situation where I had the deck ENTIRELY crippled. Guy raised, I 3-bet AQs, he calls. The flop is AAQ. The turn was the case Ace, and the river was another Queen, giving me quad aces and putting AAQAQ onboard. What would be your line at every point in this hand?
Old 09-25-2005, 12:49 PM

I raise or bet the flop (if my memory serves me correctly, I have raised a flopped royal before...I know I've raised with quads). Most players just don't put you on big hands when you show aggression on the flop...because many players like to wait for the turn...so they assume others are like that.
When the case ace falls on the turn, your opponent is less likely to put you on an ace....so, again, I'll bet it (hoping he CRs with a pocket pair or a Q). If he bets it, I'm likely to raise, hoping he'll call me down (or, maybe reraise). I don't like passing up on chances for my opponents to make huge mistakes...in an effort to MAYBE extract an extra bet.
Lastly, when you fast play your big hands...you get more respect when you fast play your draws/marginal hands...allowing you to steal some pots or get you to the river cheaper.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:10 PM

I'd bet, because if you dont think he'll fold a big PP you'll get more bets in by just betting both streets. If he's being tricky with a big ace, you are in the money. He's not going to bet 3/bet or check-raise the river with KK just because you check behind the turn.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:46 PM

If he's UTG I would say he's more likely to love his Ace. He could even have AA (and I will worry that he'll hit his 1 outer [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]) so I bet and hope he check-raises. Which I then call and when he bets the river, raise the [deleted] back [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2005, 03:52 PM

I didn't think calling an utg raise w/77 can be correct in your position - explain please.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think calling an utg raise w/77 can be correct in your position - explain please.

[/ QUOTE ]

villain can get a little weird and frisky preflop (open raise QTo UTG +2),
Old 09-25-2005, 05:10 PM

Check. You have to give them a chance to pick up something.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bet and hope he check-raises. Or check and hope he fills up. Doesn't matter really imo.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

well, this is where i struggled. he clearly loves the ace or hates it. If he has a hand like KK and i check, he will likely bet or call the river. If he has an A and missed a c/r, he will bet the river and likely call a raise or even 3 bet me. Does this make sense? I ask cuz I dunno. meh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like an okay case for checking then. Depends on the opponent, a lot won't bet the KK or whatever on the river but will call if you bet it out from the turn. Just tough to get action with quads.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

unless the openent slowplayed JJ [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ... or in this case AA

Barron
Old 09-25-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bet and hope he check-raises. Or check and hope he fills up. Doesn't matter really imo.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

well, this is where i struggled. he clearly loves the ace or hates it. If he has a hand like KK and i check, he will likely bet or call the river. If he has an A and missed a c/r, he will bet the river and likely call a raise or even 3 bet me. Does this make sense? I ask cuz I dunno. meh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like an okay case for checking then. Depends on the opponent, a lot won't bet the KK or whatever on the river but will call if you bet it out from the turn. Just tough to get action with quads.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

unless the openent slowplayed JJ [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ... or in this case AA

[/ QUOTE ]

not really, as we were HU and the number of raises was unlimited. If he had AA, I was gonna get my bets at some point.