Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 05:51 AM

Default Re: What\'s up with the Asian players?

[ QUOTE ]
This guy is an idiot. Some of his previous quotes include:

"He had a monster and was playing heads up against a female. My guess was either that baby face of his started to blush real hard or maybe he began to squirm uncomfortably in the chair as he started to get his first ever poker-boner.

-J

(in ref to Greg)

"Last month at the poker tables, a guy in drag was seated to my right, and his gay lover was seated two to my left. The drag queen had makeup, eyelashes, the whole nine yards. The two quickly were tapped out by overaggressive play and left. The dealer, not realizing the drag queen was a guy said, "I dont know if she's coming back," to which I replied, "That wasn't a she."

Anybody ever sit next to a non-desirable type person, freaky, filthy, or otherwise?

-J "

"The most important factor in a dealer is how fast he can get out hands."

[/ QUOTE ]

Bringing up my prior quotes out of context in an effort to devalue me or my intellect, or in an effort to mock me or this thread, is neither productive nor insightful. I, too, could quickly and easily attain 5000- posts if I followed this strategy.

Once again, I apologize for offending any people of Asian decent, as I was making this post half seriously. For those of you who were offended that aren't Asian, I say you are too sensitive to "political correctness" and may be afraid to deal with your own racial prejudices, which we all have, being of different races and cultures. The difference between prejudice and biggotry is underlying intentions. I meant no disrepect nor intolerance, yet many of you inferred it. I was merely commenting that it seemed to me that many Asians approach poker from a completely different perspective, which they do. I didnt say asians were gay or bad or stupid or ignorant. On the contrary, on average, they are extremely intelligent and many of them are extremely successful players.

To those of you who assumed I had just taken a horrible beating at the hands of an asian player, you are wrong. To those of you who were trying to turn this thread into a bad beat story, I think you are just trying to stretch things to perhaps get me banned unfairly.

There was a reply from a player named Fuji, whom I guess may be an asian, and he didnt disagree nor did he take offense at anything I said.

As I said, people of different races inevitably develope prejudices towards one another. One of the ways to get past racism is to deal with these differences and to talk about them constructively and with humor. Ignoring that these prejudices exist and refusing to talk about them just serves to seperate people and makes them more uncomfortable when trying to bridge the racial divide between all of us.

Once again I'm sorry, but I dont feel I am being necessarily biggoted or racist because I observe that many asian players tend to play with a complete different style and perspective, which is difficult to adjust to, to say the least. I find that asians, more so than any other race or group of people, seem to prefer this strategy, although not all of them do (obviously!). Nor are other races completely devoid of players who play this way (obviously!). Nor is this style necessarily bad, it is just different.

I have to conclude this reply, which I originally didnt want to write, but since many of you were offended, I felt I had make it clear that I have nothing but warm feelings and open arms for people and players of all races, except when they beat me with 37s and laugh. Even only then, I only turn racist for a few seconds, and then realize it's all part of the game and life.

I also wanted to say, that as of this writing, this thread has gotten 3000 views and 50 replies, so obviously the content is of significant interest to many.

-J
Old 11-28-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bringing up my prior quotes out of context in an effort to devalue me or my intellect, or in an effort to mock me or this thread, is neither productive nor insightful. I, too, could quickly and easily attain 5000- posts if I followed this strategy.

Once again, I apologize for offending any people of Asian decent,

[/ QUOTE ]

Descent, Asian Descent not decent like good people but descent like descended from a specific set of ancestors

Most people's read on you was stupid not racist and I think this pretty much confirms their reads.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:59 AM

aiiiiyaaaaaa
Old 11-28-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bringing up my prior quotes out of context in an effort to devalue me or my intellect...

[/ QUOTE ]

In truth, you did a pretty good job of devaluing yourself and your intellect without anybody's help.

[ QUOTE ]
I also wanted to say, that as of this writing, this thread has gotten 3000 views and 50 replies, so obviously the content is of significant interest to many.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, this has a lot to do with the words of your post and its title but little to do with its content. Do you see why?
Old 11-28-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: i forgot to mention....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
....Asians are gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are probably asian then.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i am white. what does my whiteness have to do with the gayness of Asians? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

you sounded gay so i deduced you were asian from ur statement. stop making racist comments buddy. ur making white ppl in general look bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

but white people are gay.
Closed Thread