Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-27-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: What is your push range here?

[ QUOTE ]
I am certain I have no fold equity here. The bb is getting 2.25:1 on a call which translates to the need to have 30% equity. So he would be justified in calling with any 2 cards. I would push all in here with all but my weakest holdings. Pushing all in here with 23o or 24o is just reckless imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're assuming that the BB knows what you know and will call. This assumption was not the basis on which we were operating, in fact the question states we're NOT operating under that premise because it says he'll call with DECENT holdings, meaning he's not calling with any two based on our read.

Just cause YOU'D call with any 2, just because it makes sense to call with any two doesn't mean that our opponent will.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:38 PM

Wait two hands and i might push any two, but w/ a 50k stack in the blinds, i'll stick to any ace, any pair, lot of connecctors, hm, and any two broadway.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am certain I have no fold equity here. The bb is getting 2.25:1 on a call which translates to the need to have 30% equity. So he would be justified in calling with any 2 cards. I would push all in here with all but my weakest holdings. Pushing all in here with 23o or 24o is just reckless imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're assuming that the BB knows what you know and will call. This assumption was not the basis on which we were operating, in fact the question states we're NOT operating under that premise because it says he'll call with DECENT holdings, meaning he's not calling with any two based on our read.

Just cause YOU'D call with any 2, just because it makes sense to call with any two doesn't mean that our opponent will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should we ever have a hypothetical poker question based on something that will never happen, seems kinda pointless. Maybe part of the read is also that the BB will have 2-7os EVERYTIME we play the hand. In which case, I push 8 high.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait two hands and i might push any two, but w/ a 50k stack in the blinds, i'll stick to any ace, any pair, lot of connecctors, hm, and any two broadway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray...I've been waiting for your backup for 3 hours...jeez.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should we ever have a hypothetical poker question based on something that will never happen, seems kinda pointless. Maybe part of the read is also that the BB will have 2-7os EVERYTIME we play the hand. In which case, I push 8 high.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get your objection. The hypothetical is that WE HAVE A READ on our opponent, he's not sharp enough to know that on his stack size and getting the odds he's getting he should call with any two, and given this info what range are you pushing here? What are you referring to that will 'never happen'? It will never happen that we have a similar read on our opponent? Why not?
Old 12-27-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get your objection. The hypothetical is that WE HAVE A READ on our opponent, he's not sharp enough to know that on his stack size and getting the odds he's getting he should call with any two, and given this info what range are you pushing here? What are you referring to that will 'never happen'? It will never happen that we have a similar read on our opponent? Why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I bet the BB folds here...1:200.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because I bet the BB folds here...1:200.

[/ QUOTE ]
The BB... the imaginary player with a big stack who we have a read on, a read you're purposely ignoring.. why? Apparently you find it impossible to have this read and I just don't know why.

Say 1 orbit prior the SB pushed into the BB on a stack smaller than ours and we saw the BB fold getting 3-1. Then we know we currently have plenty of fold equity. I shouldn't have to concretize ways in which we can have a particular read in order for you to understand the hypothetical in the abstract, but say you were equipped with this information, are you STILL not pushing any 2? If you are then you were pushing any 2 in the first place you just didn't realize you had a read (which you clearly did have according to the info given by the OP).