Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-22-2005, 11:50 PM

Default 2 5/10 NL 6 max hands, I\'m turning into a LAG

Sorry guys, I don't know if these are even that interesting, BUT here they are. First hand me and the SB have been going at it like mad. Limp reraise, 3 bet pf, 3 bet air bluffs, stuff like that. Villian is probably a winning player of stats at 28/11 and i'm playing a 22/14. There is BAD BLOOD between us. What do you guys think?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 3 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button ($1358)
SB ($1237.50)
Hero ($1049)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $30</font>, SB calls $30.

Flop: ($80) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $400</font>, SB calls $1097.50 (All-In), Hero calls $609 (All-In).

Turn: ($2286.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($2286.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $2286.50

2nd hand: Me and villian have been going at it again. I've called a triple bet bluff by him, also he has caught one of my missed flush river bluffs. He hasn't been ck raising me or anyone that often. The BB is a complete idiot. His hand range is any 2 cards above T, any pocket pair, any Axs. I think he calls my c-bet with any pp and any 9 or 7. He folds everything else.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($1154)
SB ($338)
BB ($551)
UTG ($2110.50)
MP ($1150)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $35</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $115</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $105, MP calls $80.

Flop: ($350) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $350</font>, BB folds, MP calls $1035 (All-In), Hero calls $685.

Turn: ($2420) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($2420) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $2420
Old 12-22-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: 2 5/10 NL 6 max hands, I\'m turning into a LAG

Call it quits for the day
Old 12-22-2005, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How does that contribute anything or add anything to this post, please don't respond to my posts in the future. If you don't understand these hands, just move on and go read medium stakes.

Also dropping 2 or 3K in 30 minutes at 5/10 6 max happens all the time, as long as it doesn't tilt you and you keep playing your "A" game, why stop when it's +EV and i have a good image? (yes I rather be viewed as a "gambler" than as a good solid player)
Old 12-23-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How does that contribute anything or add anything to this post, please don't respond to my posts in the future. If you don't understand these hands, just move on and go read medium stakes.

Also dropping 2 or 3K in 30 minutes at 5/10 6 max happens all the time, as long as it doesn't tilt you and you keep playing your "A" game, why stop when it's +EV and i have a good image? (yes I rather be viewed as a "gambler" than as a good solid player)

[/ QUOTE ]

What was the purpose of posting these hands If you think its +EV? Just to show that you are a LAG?

Hand # 1: You have a good draw. I am not sure If you are getting the odds to call the rest of the money.

Hand # 2: You could be drawing dead for all you know.

Lets not go into how much I can drop in 30 minutes but I would defnitely find better spots to get my money in.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:06 AM

Hand 1: I don't know... When he overbets the flop, I'm going to assume he's going to keep pressure on, so I just fold there. Is this weak? Raising just seems like a spew unless you know he'll overbet with a nominal holding and will fold regularly to a raise.

Edit: If villain bet 40-60 I'm raising. 60-80 I'm calling (sometimes raising).

Hand 2: ??? Did you see that the BB called your re-raise??? Take the free card. I don't bet this flop. If I do bet, I don't think I'm betting either because then I have to call an all in with a 8 outs; when he pushes there's no way your T is good. I like a bet of 225-275 here, and I'm not looking at the numbers but if you get check raised you can then fold safely.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I don't know... When he overbets the flop, I'm going to assume he's going to keep pressure on, so I just fold there. Is this weak? Raising just seems like a spew unless you know he'll overbet with a nominal holding and will fold regularly to a raise.

Hand 2: ??? Did you see that the BB called your re-raise??? Take the free card. I don't bet this flop. If I do bet, I don't think I'm betting either because then I have to call an all in with a 8 outs; when he pushes there's no way your T is good. I like a bet of 225-275 here, and I'm not looking at the numbers but if you get check raised you can then fold safely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was looking for what he said.

I was curious people's views when they get bet at overpot.

On hand 2 I was curious about the bet size. If I should A.) take the free card
b.) bet pot call all in
c.) bet smaller fold to ck raise

I'm posting results early cause it's my buddies 21st and I won't be back till after christmas (maybe)

Hand 1.) he had 78o for bottom 2 pair.

Hand 2.) he had 88 so my T and oesd were both live.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Results

If hes the type of player to be going all in on the flop with mediocre holdings against you then why are you pushing straight draws? it isnt going to win much, you have little to no fold equity and your not ahead. I guess your doing it for image?
Old 12-23-2005, 12:44 AM

Hi Rika,

WTF? Presumably he was also playing like a goddamn maniac, so you don't figure to be crushed in either hand. But, I think you are crushed in the first one, and are drawing only to your straight outs. Why? Because he bet 100 into an 80 dollar pot, into the pf raiser, and a bet one dollar over the pot size tends to be 2 pair+. Alternatively, he could have T9, in which case your money is in bad.

Hand 2 you are nuts for making it 115 with T8s and then potting. You obviously have to call a push if he raises your pot bet, so you should be checking, or betting a smaller amount, or pushing, in that order. There are 2 other guys in this hand who called 115, and that board ain't scary to them.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:08 AM

I meant to say "If I bet I'm not potting." Oy.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:07 AM

problem with these hands is that..at best you are getting about even money for your draw, and at worst..you are drawing thin