Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 01:15 AM

Default AJo

I am a limit player dabbling in the NL game for the first time in quite awhile. These hands may seem incredibly standard or pretty retarded so all comments are wanted.

Im fairly new at the table and dont really have very good reads.

Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero raises to $11, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font> (Pot $35)
SB checks, Hero bets $25, button calls, SB folds.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font> (Pot $85)

Hero checks, button bets $50, Hero calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:45 AM

Default Re: AJo

I think its fine until the river where I like a bet of about 50. If you check hes going to check what you beat and bet what you dont. You cant extract a bluff here from missed clubs because it looks like you are committed to showdown after check-calling the ace on the turn. Hands worse than yours definitely wont value bet b/c he puts you on the hand you have when you check/call turn.

At the same time I think you are ahead a lot of the time here against hands that will call a blocking bet- mid pocket pair or Ax making a loose call on the flop.
Back to the missed flush draw scenario- in that case we aren't getting a call but I would rather bet against these hands b/c if he is ballsy enough to run a big bluff on the river, I don't think you can call b/c of what I said earlier about him knowing where you are at- it is a straight or flopped set ALMOST everytime.

/end ramble, I like a block bet on the river.

i like the check on the turn cuz a lot of hands will bet that scare card. preflop/flop standard.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Re: AJo

AJo all in