Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 07:51 PM

Default what do you think of my play on this final table hand

what do yall think? ive not gathered too much info on stealheadjas although ive been playing with him for a while. he has not impressed me or stood out up to this point. it's the final table.

Seat 1: easydoors ($87,744 in chips)
Seat 2: Laring ($33,916 in chips)
Seat 3: steelheadjas ($55,364 in chips)
Seat 4: TexasSunset ($10,720 in chips)
Seat 8: coolasfire ($31,406 in chips)
Seat 9: odiggitydog [QS,KC] ($50,226 in chips)
Seat 10: crossini ($5,124 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
TexasSunset posts blind ($1,500), coolasfire posts blind ($3,000).

PRE-FLOP
odiggitydog bets $6,000, crossini calls $5,124 and is all-in, easydoors folds, Laring folds, steelheadjas calls $6,000, TexasSunset folds, coolasfire folds.

FLOP [board cards QH,4H,7S ]
odiggitydog checks, steelheadjas bets $7,100, odiggitydog bets $14,200, steelheadjas calls $7,100.

TURN [board cards QH,4H,7S,4C ]
odiggitydog checks, steelheadjas bets $35,164 and is all-in, odiggitydog folds.

RIVER [board cards QH,4H,7S,4C,4D
how would you have played it? good/bad on my part? i wasnt willing to go out of the tournament on this hand, and the sencond 4 scared me also he could of had the ace kicker, two pair and on and on.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: what do you think of my play on this final table hand

ok since no one else will bite. i think you made an exellent lay down. a lot of hands do beat you and your raise on the flop lets him know you have something. if he has a monster he figures he might get a call
Old 05-31-2005, 08:41 PM

ok know one wants to put their 2 cents in--so ill let you know how it turned out. he had QJ and i would of split the pot on the river. however, i hunkered down, got a little lucky. i played briliantly (if i may say so) from then on stealing with king high, ace high, two cards over a nine...when it was down to 3 of us(the vilain being the chip leader) i just kept the heat on them and they didnt want to butt heads. they were afraid of me. i ended up winning the tournament and collected $275. it felt great and i owe it to playing a lot of hands. like Doyle said its no good to play to tight in no limit hold em. loose is better combined with courage and intellect.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:55 PM

You have 2/3 of your stack in the middle getting 7.5/1 to call on the turn? Terrible fold here.

IMHO, I would've read the Villain as trying to buy the pot on the flop with a hand like 1010 or a flush draw. His turn push is also suspect in that if he has a monster he doesn't want to push you off it. I read this bet as "The only way I can win is to push."

Turns out my reads would've been wrong, but my money is in the middle here 99% of the time anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:12 PM

Well, I don't like the size of your preflop raise, either limp or throw in a real raise 9k to 12k . You should have been thinking that the short stack might push all in considering he was short stacked and you gave good pot odds to anyone else who wanted to play, which the button took you up on.

I think if you were willing to reraise to 14k off a 7k flop bet then you should have bet out to begin with. You very well could have taken down the pot right there, especially if you had raised a decent amount pre flop. You let the other guy take total control of this hand and as result you had no clue where you stood with your hand.

You definitely have to lay this hand down on the all in bet on the turn.