FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Vote for my action on turn
Check & fold 5 31.25%
Bet pot & fold to raise 3 18.75%
Bet half pot & fold to raise 7 43.75%
Check & call (yeah, right) 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2004, 05:35 PM

Default Re: How Do You Like the Zoo without Affiliate Crap???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The best idea does seem to be to have a seperate forum purely for affiliates and rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

THAT would be a scary forum to enter without full protective gear. I think newbies might get hammered so hard with pms from a forum like that, we might kill the fresh stocks of fish..........i do exagerate, but thats sorta the way the zoo was getting before mats ban, i am very split on my opinion this matter, hence my poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats perhaps something else to consider then........banning any affiliate who sends out unrequested PMs. I actually have never got any unwanted PMs from affiliates so it cannot be that widespread. But yes the Zoo needs cleaning up for sure as far too much crap was going on but to remove it all is to the detrement of us as players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better yet, have an entire system where users can request offers, affiliates can respond to those requests, users can remain anonymous if they chose, users can withdraw requests once they have found an affiliate, and nobody has to see anything that does not apply to them.

I think that would be pretty cool. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2004, 05:36 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

sounds utterly brilliant, someone should get on that sooooooooooon, like last week soon [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2004, 05:36 PM

Firstly i'm not an affiliate anymore so this isn't spam.

why? care to tell us?

Removing it just makes people less aware and means everyone misses out on money

removing what???? it was NEVER allowed. do you know that mason david and ray can get in trouble for running a site where bartering kickbacks is allowed? should all of 2+2 be put in jeopardy because certain people were too fuking cheap to buy banners? should 2+2 endanger their current revenue by allowing this and having paid advertisers get so pissed that they pull out? who will pay for the bandwidth then? do you know how much i personally pay them a month? almost $800 and i am a tiny tadpole in their revenue stream. if this tadpole pulls out, they lose $9,600.00 a year. what did you do for this place just to make up for the 10 grand they would have lost from me??

most importantly, do you think even a single person missed out a rebate payment just because mat put his foot down? i think not. rake rebates are alive and well, they just are not going to be procured at 2+2.

don't paint such a doom and gloom picture, because your issues were always self serving anyway. don't try and pretend that the poker community is now screwed because the zoo does not have 50 "need an affiliate" posts every hour.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:50 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

so how did you vote granny?
Old 11-11-2004, 05:54 PM

heh..

btw, i forgot to mention in my rant that the ad rates at 2+2 are rising Substantially on 12/1
Old 11-11-2004, 05:59 PM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She voted for me of course. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But only if I agreed to "accept" Ashcroft's resignation. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2004, 06:01 PM

I LOVE the change. This place is so much more fun to read now.

Cup
Old 11-11-2004, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Removing it just makes people less aware and means everyone misses out on money

(long rant)

[/ QUOTE ]

So are random, first time visitors to the zoo making the same amount from poker now as they would have been if they visited 2 weeks ago?

All the other arguements in this are just conflicts of self interest. You own an ad. I - used to - offer rake back. Hence we just put fancy arguements in with them but it all comes back to that.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:11 PM

I - used to - offer rake back.

i have it on good authority that you are once again an empire affiliate. is this true? i'm asking because before i address the issue you raised about me operating from self-interest, i want to know if i am dealing with someone on a pity pot, or someone that is STILL an affiliate.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:14 PM

This place is so much more fun to read now.

today is the first day in months that i actually read 80% of the posts. it would have been 100% but i skipped the reef posts since i whored there long ago, and also skipped that monster flame-fest dealing with table chat.

i think this place will be much more informative now. a quick example i can think of is cubswins posts. his threads get buried in the affiliate madness, yet they are probably the mosy important issues to all of us and deserve more attention and discussion.