Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: More proof that I hate all Muslims...

What does this have to do with the far left?

Regarding your quoted example, I suggest you dig up some of the atrocities in Ireland; Serbia; India; Ileave you to find other examples, for other idiots doing things to each other in the name of religion.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Where The Real Bigotry Is

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All religions basically say the same thing

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an extremely ignorant and erroneous statement. From this it should be presumed that you have never had a course in comparative religion, or done much reading yourself in multiple specific religions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand by my statement.

Each religion has various trappings around a core philosophy that is similar. They all build around the philospohy differently. This is specially true about the monotheist religions.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true to a degree but ONLY of the monotheistic religions. Moreover, some of the differences in what you refer to as the "various trappings" are quite profound, so much so that the religions themselves (in this case, Islam and Christianity) are literally poles apart in some of their most important tenets.

Your statement is totally false as applied to Buddhism, and generally false with regard to Taoism as well.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Some Friendly Advive

"Where do you work? I work in NYC and work with, go out to dinner with/party with Muslims."
1. When you go out with these Muslims, where a "hidden" steel collar. That way if one of them goes 'crazy' on you with a knife and starts yelling "Allah Akbar", the first blow will hit the steel collar preventing them from chopping your head off.

2. Wear a bomb proof suit. If they ask you why you are wearing it say, "It is NOT because I think you are a crazy, homicidal, suicide bomber it is because is is.....Mmmmmmm....Halloween."
Old 05-22-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Re: Some Friendly Advive

I hope you're making fun of bigots.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:32 AM

The difference is that the Koran offers very specific instructions regarding every day life. De Tocqueville said that Judaism and Islam would never be conducive to democracy because they are so dictatorial.

Yes, almost all religion is capable of being misinterpreted to selfish and worldly ends. I think that Islam is far more likely to be interpreted in this way, and that the language to destroy infidels is more prevalent in the Koran than in the Bible. It's in the Bible, no doubt, and so political leaders have used these passages to begin wars, etc.

The problem with the world as it is today is that it has given Islamic leaders all the more reason to trot out these sentiments. Islam can be a religion of peace, just as Christianity can be a religion of war, but circumstances are going to dictate that more often than the tenets of the religion.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:35 AM

I don;t suppose it's worth pointing out yet again that it's been repeatedly made clear that the Afghan riots probably had very little to do with the Newsweek/Koran incident and were actually set off by local issues. There have been protests about the incident all over the Muslim world, and almost all if not all of them have been peaceful.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:45 AM

I suppose Jews in the Warsaw ghetto would be described as jihadists by you?

The situation in Iraq is very similar to Poland. An imperialist agressor invades. The imperialist invader uses torture propaganda, and murder in occupying the country. Legitimate resisistance takes place.

The Newsweek "retraction" simply states that the allegations by the international red cross have not been proven in a court of law. The liklihood of the incidents being true are probably 94.9%

Your clear prejudice against Muslims does smack of racism.

Your repeated radical right wing posts do nothing to help the relationship between Islam and Judaism.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:55 AM

Default LOL!

You have already advocated genocidal murder in Islam many times on this forum.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:22 AM

Default And The March Towards Complete Irrationality Continues

Why slow down, jokerswild? You can get there if you really try.

Woof Woof!!
Old 05-23-2005, 10:38 AM

but circumstances are going to dictate that more often than the tenets of the religion.

Exactly right. The problem is not Islam but the circumstances that the Muslims around the world find themselves in. Islam, Judaism, Christianity are just as good as long as they are in the homes as a matter of personal faith. Once the politicians get hold of them, they are all just as bad.