Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Question about MTT ROI versus 1 table ROI (Mark Blade)

I was just re-reading a section in Mark Blades "Professional Poker" book where he says that many "professional" no limit players have an expectation to earn 5 times the buy-in of whatever tournaments they play in (average over time), but that a single table satellite player can only earn 10-50% ROI due to the "luck" factor.

I always assumed that the long term ROI of MTT and single table SNG's would be the same, but after thinking about what he said it makes a lot of sense. For example, I know people who might be able to get "lucky" and win a 1 table tournament, but no way could they ever take down a 300 person tournament or a 700 person tournament or whatever....they are just too bad of a player and will eventually donk off their stack before winning the whole thing.

Anyway, my question is do you agree that MTT's are essentially more profitable and/or have a higher long term ROI factor than 1 table tournaments?? I'm pretty sure I'm interpreting what he's saying in this part of the book correctly (it's on page 82-83 if any of you own it and want to see what I'm talking about).....and I just wanted to see if any of you out there find this to be true as well???