Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-22-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Mistakes

I would like to know what people find are the best way to address and eliminate mistakes. Does someone have a good methodology for this?

I know I make mistakes and I get pissed at myself everytime I do. But how can I eliminate them? How can I see them creeping up on me?
Old 12-22-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Mistakes

Post them here and let us laugh at them. If you don't snap one day and go into work one day wearing lipstick with an uzi, you'll stop making them.

At least that's what I'm told. I've got a couple of coworkers picked out for my Day of Reckoning. Like Cheryl. That bitch in marketing. I've gotta go.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:35 PM

hahahah Hilarious!
Old 12-22-2005, 06:45 PM

When you come upon a troubling hand, or are unsure of how you played it... just click in the upper right hand corner and send that specific hand to your email. After your set go over every single hand emailed to you- sometimes you'll see a clear answer and sometimes you are still unsure on what to do. Post the unclear hands here. Over time you should be able to know the right play by instinct
Old 12-22-2005, 06:46 PM

I like it.. That is a good technique...
Old 12-22-2005, 07:28 PM

1)Read through the strategy posts listed in the FAQ. See if there's any part of your game which disagrees with that. If so, that's a target to look at. In particular, it's very easy to fall into a pattern of not being patient enough early on.
2)Post troubling hands.
3)Find a buddy with whom you can trade HH's.
4)Read the posts here, looking for ideas, and noting mistakes of other players. Mistakes others are making are likely to be a good target for looking for your own.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:14 PM

Here's something I do that helps me. Whenever I think or know I made a mistake, I record what the mistake was in a text file. Something like: Don't play AJ out of position early. Then I review that file every few days to remind myself of my mistakes, deleting ones I think I have a handle on. Might not work for everyone, but it works for me.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:56 PM

nobody plays perfect poker all the time, especailly online. To maximize your earnings online you multitable, basically playing as meny tables as you can play effectivily. That gaurontees mistakes, cause if you aren't rushing or misclicking or misreading ocationally your should be playing more tables. The mistakes are just part of the tradeoff.

If you single table and make "mistakes", then more than likely your refering to the line you tried just ended up being wrong for what he held. Again, you can get better at reads, but everybody gets it wrong alot