Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-13-2005, 08:35 PM

Default miracle card...do u push?

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=189062
Old 12-13-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: miracle card...do u push?

NO. YOU CANT WIN WITHOUT CARDS.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:38 PM

99 on an xxxxx board i push every time
Old 12-13-2005, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NO. YOU CANT WIN WITHOUT CARDS.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats why he has to push.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:25 PM

No I'd just call. That player is very tight and a minraise from him signals a lot of strength. He is solid, so he might just be [censored] with you to get you to fold, but in that case he probably doesn't call a push anyway. You only get called when you're beaten.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:31 AM

Nobody dislikes his preflop reraise? How did you raise $5 and have him call $6?
Old 12-14-2005, 03:29 AM

this is an interesting situation.. and your excitement about catching your gutshot could have cost you a lot of money in many situations.

lets review.. you re-raise a tiny raise from him.. and he flat calls.. now ask yourself.. what does this mean? what kind of hands does he do this with? not something very strong.. so you've gotta figure something like AJ, A10, J10, JQ, KQ, and small to middle pairs.

now look at that flop.. it was checked to you on a flop you're almost sure hit him unless he has a small pair and hes facing a flop of all overcards.. so even then you should bet on this flop to get an idea of where you're at in the hand.. because you never really provided any reads.

the turn comes and you decide to pull the trigger now when the board pairs.. now EVEN if he has AK, you are still up against a lot of cards that can hurt you.. and the board pairing is good for your hand.. but you still have no clue what you're up against.. he made the mistake checking that flop because any Q or K gives him an underpair with a gutshot draw on the river. the turn bet should have been on the flop.. and im leading out on the turn.

when the river comes, you've made the second nuts.. and he has played it almost like he was on a draw the whole time.. but he could be just scared of what you could have with the small re-raise preflop.. so hes playing it cautiously.

i think the bet of $50 is a good amount and then a miniraise comes around.. if you have any notes on him this is a good time to check them.

and this is the part of the hand i agree with in calling this bet.. because the delayed miniraise screams trips and he was slowplaying them. if he fills up hes probably making a bigger sized bet because he knows youll need that straight or trips to call him.

i think your play was right on the river calling there.. but the rest could use some work. good luck.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when the river comes, you've made the second nuts..

[/ QUOTE ]

no.