Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2005, 11:16 PM

Default HOH/MTT where blinds increase rapidly

So I've read HOH1 and about Half of HOH2 (done with inflection points section) and am now in the phase of applying what i've learned from the book to MMT tournaments..

I've had decent success thus far when the blinds go up at a regular pace, but not so much for when it goes up every 15-20 mins (as a lot of internet tourneys do)

I realize that I should be adjusting my game, but I don't know exactly know what to do.. I find that I just get blinded out.. or that my M gets in the orange zone really quick..

I know that I should probably loosen up and push my strong hands more than usual.. combined with maybe playing all small pairs and suited connectors if pot hasn't been raised and in late position.. but I don't know if that will be enough to survive the rapid blind rate..

Any suggestions would be appreciated.. I'd say I'm a beginner/intermediate at this point, and am very book oriented.. but my problem is that everytime the environment changes relative to book situations, I don't know how to adapt