Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Mandalay Bay End of August

I am heading to Vegas in a few weeks and am considering staying at the Mandalay Bay since I have heard it has a great pool, which will keep the girlfriend busy while I play. I have found out I can get 25% the room rate if I play 5 hours a day in their poker room. Has anyone played at the Mandalay recently, or used a Poker room rate? Does it generally work? What is the room like, I have read mixed reviews and want to know what I am getting into before I obligate myself to play 5 hrs a day there.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Mandalay Bay End of August

i have not, but how do you get info on comps for playing poker. i played at the luxor about 7 hours a day for 3 days last time i went, and i obviously missed out on some free stuff. should i just talk to the poker manager? how did you find out about the 25% thing?

mflo
Old 08-18-2005, 12:59 AM

I have played there and hate it.

NL rules: any chips in your hands when you go past your cards is a bet/raise. It doesn't matter if you have even 1 extra chip, you're required to make the minimum raise. It also doesn't matter if you have set them on the table yet, just whatever is in your hand. This 1 chip rule goes for lmit games as well.

This is the only house in Vegas that takes a rake without seeing a flop. You bet 20, I raise to 50, you fold and the pot has 40 bucks + the blinds, well max rake is taken automatically. Their comps are basically non existant, tourneys are terrible and are more or less a crap shoot the second you sit down. There are better alternatives, but the Luxor isn't one of them either.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:47 AM

Play at the Wynn.

Enough said.