Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Prayer at the Office Xmas Party

My boss just came by and asked me to say the prayer at tonight's office Christmas party. Here are a few ideas I've come up with so far (right now I'm leaning toward #3 because I like its application to our firm, which is an investment/financial services firm), but I wanted to see if anybody else had a better idea.....

1. "Oh, Lord, we beseech Thee. Amen."

2. "Oh Dear God...thank you...you are such a good God...to us....and such a kind and gentle and...accommodating God. And we thank you, oh sweet lord of hosts for the smorgasbord you have so aptly laid at our table this day and each day by day, day by day by day. Oh dear lord, three things we pray...to love thee more dearly, to see thee more clearly, to follow thee more nearly, day by day by day...Amen."

3. "Thou say in thine heart, 'My power and the might of mine hand hath gotten me this wealth.' But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, which he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day. And it shall be, if thou do at all forget the LORD thy God, and walk after other gods, and serve them, and worship them, I testify against you this day that ye shall surely perish. Amen."

4. "Oh, Jesus, you're so fine. You're so fine, you blow my mind. Hey, Jesus."