Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Trent Green\'s stent

So he had a stent put in an artery in his left knee because of clotting/circulatory issues, although I don't think he has DVT. I know they article is positive regarding his recovery and ability to play at full strength this year, but.... its still a stent in his leg and he plays a violent sport. Any chiefs fans have any further ideas about Trent's health?

linkie
Old 09-02-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Trent Green\'s stent

cant have a dvt in an artery...
Old 09-02-2005, 02:03 PM

the whole vein/artery thing, deep *venous* thrombosis. cool, anyway, is this stenting common and OK for a QB expected to get rocked on a weekly basis (he has a great line but he will still get hit)
Old 09-02-2005, 05:31 PM

stents in the general public aren't a life threatening procedure for the most part, they're basically a chinese finger catcher that they pop open and it holds the vessel open all the time.

i have no experience with medical care for NFL players so i have no idea if this will impact him or not, although this shouldn't affect the function of his knee they might hold him out just for precautionary reasons -a la Tedy Bruschi
Old 09-02-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stents in the general public aren't a life threatening procedure for the most part, they're basically a chinese finger catcher that they pop open and it holds the vessel open all the time.

i have no experience with medical care for NFL players so i have no idea if this will impact him or not, although this shouldn't affect the function of his knee they might hold him out just for precautionary reasons -a la Tedy Bruschi

[/ QUOTE ]

I am wary of drafting him this year solely because of this.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:37 PM

I'm more thinking he gets hit and the stent gets dislodged or artery injured, causing problems with his left leg, not so much the procedure itself.

How vulnerable is somebody with a clotting problem/collapsing left leg artery and a stent if they are expected to recieve violent physical trauma on a weekly basis? Is exacerbation of his condition a real concern?
Old 09-02-2005, 09:14 PM

i obviously don't know the details of the situation, but here's what I'm guessing happened- he had 4 surgeries on that knee a few years ago, so perhaps there was some scar tissue began to impinge upon the artery. It didn't sound to me like he had any hyper/hypo-coagulable type diseases, and I doubt that there is any underlying weakness of his vessels.

I would be surprised if the stent just happened to pop out, they put those in to stay put