Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2005, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Trouble with late game aggressiveness

No way to limp here for sure. I absolutely HATE getting down that far relative to the blinds, too. So, first (I will say that I only play on Stars, so I don't know how these things go), it would have taken absolutely horrible cards for me not to have moved in in LP (probably would have done it on any connector down to 54 or 64 in this situation). Ok, but if there was just no way to play in LP (I doubt I could have brought myself to re-raise or call all-in with 72o even with that stack in LP) or this situation somehow arose, horrible as it is, I think I'd probably have waited at this point.

For sure, any A or any pair is all-in, probably also KQ or KJ between now and the blind, and I'm calling with anything from the blind. But from EP, I don't think I can do it with QXs.

Just my $.02, although, again, being down to close to 3xBB is pretty dreadful, so much so that it's hard to say that moving in with anything is really a mistake. But the above is probably about the way I'd try to deal with it. At least it's a BB that your stack can actually hurt, so maybe that's worth something.

But, seriously, limping is completely out of the question imo.