6PM EDT 4 16.67%
8PM EDT 3 12.50%
4PM EDT 7 29.17%
2PM EDT 6 25.00%
NOON EDT 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2004, 11:44 PM

Default How now brown cow?

First hand of the evening..... and I get AA. I normally wait for the BB position, but when playing low limit I'll jump in one behind the button anytime. I have no previous hand histroy with the Villan.... so his results surprised me.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, Button folds, SB <font color="purple">(Villan)</font> calls, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Villan checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Villan raises</font>, BB folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Villan caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

ok there is a possible straight here, but I doubt anyone has it. Nobody would call my raise with that hand unless it was suited, and in the Big Blind.

Turn: (10 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Villan bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Villan 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

I had put my villan on AK, or KQ He sees a week flop and wants to ride it. My concern after the turn's 3 bet is he may have QQ - I therefore decide to call

River: (16 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Villan bets</font>, Hero calls.

The Hero plays it safe... if it smells funny... it might be sour. And I ain't the kind of guy to drink sour milk.

Final Pot: 18 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18 BB, between Hero and Villan.</font>

In da club [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2004, 12:04 AM

Default Re: How now brown cow?

of those options, none really seem like good play. 56/56s or a PF slowplayed AA make the most sense.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:43 AM

Default Re: How now brown cow?

Good to know someone bet for my favorite...

56 suited I could see... 56 Offsuit took me completly by surprise. Yep... I was owned by the low connector! ARGH!