Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 04:19 AM

Default Re: is there a way to get rakeback on party?

We had some idea of Partys plans and hinted at it to our larger affiliates so they would be prepared, which they were. Due to Party being a public company they could not let anyone know exactly what would happen without major implications.

There are some Party affiliates who look out for their players and are not fly-by-nighters. It makes sense to investigate who you are signing up under.

It is important to be under an affiliate who will not have accounts closed due to inactivity, can help resolve customer service issues, and can assure you that the association will be long term, even if Party decides to change the rules down the road.

There are affiliates on here that can do that and more.

Also, I can tell you that Partys official stance on rakeback is that they do not allow it and affiliates who advertise Party rakeback on their websites will be history once the dust settles.

> I would very much like to understand how it was that you guys had no idea of this and in fact were informed by your contacts that contracts were renewed, etc. Did the site(s) themselves lie to you or do you work under a sub-affiliate that lied to you? If the guys who control what you get back are willing to screw you over, that makes the situation quite risky for anyone who does business with you. Are you working directly with Party to offer your new deal?

As I said before, I am asking these questions because it seemed like there were a number of people who were aware of what was going on well before you guys, and not only were you guys not aware, you were flat out stating that those people were wrong. I am sure many others like me who would like to get rakeback on Party are in the same position as me and would like to be as informed as possible to make the best decision about who are likely to be solid and stable Party affiliates.

I appreciate whatever info you can provide and thank you for not spamming us like some of these other clowns.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We had some idea of Partys plans and hinted at it to our larger affiliates so they would be prepared, which they were. Due to Party being a public company they could not let anyone know exactly what would happen without major implications.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not an insider or an affiliate, but I read some various web articles on Party and Empire regarding their marketing and future plans, along with the affiliate war over rakeback. It seemed pretty obvious to me that something like this was going to happen soon.

[ QUOTE ]
There are some Party affiliates who look out for their players and are not fly-by-nighters. It makes sense to investigate who you are signing up under.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I can tell you that Partys official stance on rakeback is that they do not allow it and affiliates who advertise Party rakeback on their websites will be history once the dust settles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the sharpest guy in the world, but I guess I won't be signing up with anyone who advertises Party rakeback on their website.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:28 AM

A friend was looking into setting up an affiliate account on Party, and was told by their customer service that SNG and tournament fees don't count towards MGR or affiliate payments. If true, this was a dealbreaker for us since our group plays mostly SNGs and tournaments, so we went with a skin instead. But is it true?

There's a lot of chatter in the SNG forum about the Party/skin breakup, and no one seems to be mentioning "even if we can get rakeback it won't help us SNG players", so I'm wondering if we just got bad info from that one CSR.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A friend was looking into setting up an affiliate account on Party, and was told by their customer service that SNG and tournament fees don't count towards MGR or affiliate payments. If true, this was a dealbreaker for us since our group plays mostly SNGs and tournaments, so we went with a skin instead. But is it true?

There's a lot of chatter in the SNG forum about the Party/skin breakup, and no one seems to be mentioning "even if we can get rakeback it won't help us SNG players", so I'm wondering if we just got bad info from that one CSR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 100% positive that you earn rakeback on SNGs and MTTs on the Party Network (Unless Party changed their format with the switch yesterday). But, the MGR is only calculated on the fees obviously.

craig
Old 10-10-2005, 10:08 AM

First of all let me say right up front that I own one of the sites that was mentioned in the thread above.

I haven't posted on 2+2 in a couple years and I lost my old screen id. I'm well known in the Las Vegas Area and several of my customers are frequent posters on 2+2.

It came to my attention late Saturday evening that a link to my site was mentioned in the 2+2 forums after I reviewed my website statistics and saw a huge spike in traffic.

I didn't make these posts, or ask them to post on my behalf. It was simply members of 2+2 responding to other members questions. A couple of the people that had posted links to my website have several hundred posts on this forum, I would hardly qualify that as having bad intentions. They were simply answering a fellow members questions.

I find it slightly amusing that all the links to the different sites have been deleted but the links to the moderators sites are still active. Isn't this slightly hypocritical?

Is this a sponsored forum? Do the moderators pay to have only their links in the forum? If not, then they should remove their own links as well.

A couple other members have commented that their posts have been deleted even though they didn't mention any url's, etc

Certainly, there is nothing wrong with a forum being moderated to control spam, but shouldn't the moderator be subject to the same rules?

I realize RakeBack isn't even supposed to be discussed in any of the forums according to the FAQ's and Terms of Agreement, but the recent changes with Party Poker and their skins is a very important change that effects a large number of 2+2 posters. There are also multiple posts on this subject and if the rules were followed strictly these posts would be deleted.

Control the spam, but let the relevant information reach the members of 2+2, thats the whole idea behind a forum, the sharing of information and knowledge.

I hope my post isn't deleted, show some integrity as the moderator of this forum and let the members of 2+2 decide for themselves. 2+2 has always had the most intelligent poker community on the internet, they are more than capable of making decisions on their own.

Jason <font color="black"> </font>
Old 10-10-2005, 10:20 AM

Dude, this is a sponsored forum. The moderators have paid for the privilege. Chill.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Losing players ultimately pay for everything. Every penny that a Party stockholder, supplier, affiliate, or winning player makes originated in a losing player's pocket.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect. We all pay and make profit for the poker rooms - it's called rake. Losing players give their money to winning players. It doesn't end up in the hands of poker rooms. Everyone pays rake.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Losing players ultimately pay for everything. Every penny that a Party stockholder, supplier, affiliate, or winning player makes originated in a losing player's pocket.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect. We all pay and make profit for the poker rooms - it's called rake. Losing players give their money to winning players. It doesn't end up in the hands of poker rooms. Everyone pays rake.

[/ QUOTE ]
Key word: ultimately. Ultimately losing players lose, poker rooms make money, and winning players make money. Therefore losing players pay for everything.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:29 PM

doesn't it seem like there is a flaw in the logic here?

by myself I pay over $8k a month in rake. I'm sure I cover atleast a couple fish.

[ QUOTE ]
ultimately losing players lose, poker rooms make money, and winning players make money. Therefore losing players pay for everything

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, you can't just throw the word "therefore" in and assume you've made a proof. The truth is, the more you play poker the more the site makes off of you. Fish are important because they generate more traffic on the site. The majority of players/hour are fish =&gt; that party makes most of its money off of fish. But sharks definitely add a great deal of money.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry, you can't just throw the word "therefore" in and assume you've made a proof. The truth is, the more you play poker the more the site makes off of you. Fish are important because they generate more traffic on the site. The majority of players/hour are fish =&gt; that party makes most of its money off of fish. But sharks definitely add a great deal of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect. If you are extracting money from the site then the site is making nothing from you. They would be much better off with fish passing chips back and forth with a few trickling down the rake-hole each time.