Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 06:40 PM

Default poker robots

I saw these advertised online. They play poker by themselves. They claim to take into account your opponents and their habits, and even can choose the best game for you. They say they play poker better than the average low stakes player and will show a long term profit. It says they are legal and undetectable. Has anyone ever tried this or anything similar, if so please share. Feel free to add any input on this subject.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: poker robots

What does it matter anyway? Why the heck would you want a bot to play poker for you? Doesn't sound like fun to me.

I tried out partypokercompanion just to see if it was anything to worry about, and it was laughable. Too loose, too passive, too dumb.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:31 PM

What does "fun" have to do with anything? It's about $$$. Note: "They play poker BY THEMSELVES." Ethical and legal considerations aside, having a bot play winning poker for me while I sleep, run errands, fcuk around, sounds good, and not because it sounds "fun."

Edit: Not that I would run a bot, or believe all the claims about this one, but your post really missed the point.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:21 AM

If the bots worked, they wouldn't be selling it!

The people selling the bots are the ones making money off of software that doesn't even work. They just make you think it works. The ppl who buy bots are the suckers.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw these advertised online. They play poker by themselves. They claim to take into account your opponents and their habits, and even can choose the best game for you. They say they play poker better than the average low stakes player and will show a long term profit. It says they are legal and undetectable. Has anyone ever tried this or anything similar, if so please share. Feel free to add any input on this subject.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I am better than a bot. Go figure.

Just learn how to play.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Many of the listed features are not yet available. Writing a bot that plays better than average low stakes player and is profitable is possible. Taking other players' habits into account is very difficult and would cost a lot more than the price you'd be willing to pay for a piece of crappy software, that is not legal, is either already detectable or will be detectable in a week, and will cost you all the money in your account if you run it.