Old 12-04-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Overplayed? *DELETED*

Post deleted by testaaja
Old 12-04-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Overplayed?

[ QUOTE ]
I put him on AQ-AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why on earth would you cold-call preflop?
Old 12-04-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I put him on AQ-AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why on earth would you cold-call preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Good question [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I went fishy.
Edit: You know when your brain says fold but your hand can't do it. Must be a leak.. I have to fix it.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:59 PM

Yeah, I'd fold preflop. When you say he's tight, it looks like you also think he's passive?

The way it played out, I'd probably fold the flop too. We've got TPMK but tightie has 12 combos of AK he'd play this way, six of AA (so 18 that we're huge dogs to), and only 1 AQs that we aren't almost drawing dead to. Even with the occasional aggy QQ I don't think we're ahead often enough to continue here.

This is one of the reasons why (IMO) it's good for us to fold preflop; we often can't play very profitably when we do hit one of our outs.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'd fold preflop. When you say he's tight, it looks like you also think he's passive?

The way it played out, I'd probably fold the flop too. We've got TPMK but tightie has 12 combos of AK he'd play this way, six of AA (so 18 that we're huge dogs to), and only 1 AQs that we aren't almost drawing dead to. Even with the occasional aggy QQ I don't think we're ahead often enough to continue here.

This is one of the reasons why (IMO) it's good for us to fold preflop; we often can't play very profitably when we do hit one of our outs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay thanks. This is all I need for this hand. I thought I could play it profitable but hell there is no way I can! I'm never going to do this again that's for sure. Tnx for the tips [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Edit:
<font color="red">I deleted the original post because I pretty much answered my own question. Sorry guys. I just played it so poorly. Thanks for your efforts! </font>
Old 12-04-2005, 06:02 PM

Grunching:
Fold preflop.

I really don't know what I would do on the flop(probably because I wouldn't be in this situation in the first place) But I would probably lean towards a fold.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:07 PM

grunch:

Fold this preflop. A tight guy raises, and you're looking to play KJs against him?

The tight guy probably didn't cap the flop because he has a guy on his left that cold-called preflop and then 3-bet the flop. Probably busy typing the hand into the hand converter to ask people at 2+2 what he should do against a strange play like this.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:12 PM

okay ... im giving this whole 'grunchin' thing a try ...

[ QUOTE ]
Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 (Tight)/ raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Tight is tight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I put him on AQ-AA. SB &amp; UTG are both fishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you just answered the question of whether or not this was a good pf call. They're soot'd, so that's good, but you only have 1 limper and playing a dominated hand in a 3-way pot is not the way to go.

[ QUOTE ]

I wanted to get some players in with this drawy hand so I only called. It didn't really succeed too well but oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

... yeeah what I said before.

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Tight raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, Tight calls.

Hmm I'm only beating AQ, JJ and QQ here. But why doesn't tightie cap?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Tightie" is tight and is probably scared that his top-pair top-kicker is dominated. I don't see a tight player raising with less than top pair, and his kicker, based on reads you provided, have you dominated. Fold here and find a better time to take a pot off of him. Tight players tightening up doesn't mean weakness ... it just means they are unsure of their (obvious) made hand, but they want to see a showdown.

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: (11.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Tight checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, Tight calls.

Well now what?? Tight checks? I got to valuebet with these fishes in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said before, a tight player is probably scared of 2pair or better ... since HE only 3-bets flops with 2-pair or better he assumes you do too!
Old 12-04-2005, 06:41 PM

There's no need to delete the original post dude. I'd say 4 out of 5 hands posted here were played incorrectly. That's why we post them.

For the record, there have been many that were far, far more misplayed than this one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread