Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Negreanu\'s latest blog update...

[ QUOTE ]
Let me expound for the reply I know is coming: Yes it is unfair, yes it sucks, I agree 100,000% (sic). But sometimes the people who pay the bills crap on us. To imply (as you do) that this kind of injustice--perpertrated on people who can lose $1 mil+ in a night and whistle all the way home--has any bearing, cause-effect relationship, foreboding or otherwise parable to any of the REAL injustices in the world is so far beyond ludicrous that it's not worth the time I'm spending typing this

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why did you spend the time typing it (sorry, couldn't resist). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously though, one thing's for sure ... I don't know about you, but with me ... when someone 'craps' on me, I for one remember, and don't give them a 2nd chance to do it again.

Thus, in that same light, TPTB of the TOC will from this point going forward, have SERIOUS credibility issues, all because of this change.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let me expound for the reply I know is coming: Yes it is unfair, yes it sucks, I agree 100,000% (sic). But sometimes the people who pay the bills crap on us. To imply (as you do) that this kind of injustice--perpertrated on people who can lose $1 mil+ in a night and whistle all the way home--has any bearing, cause-effect relationship, foreboding or otherwise parable to any of the REAL injustices in the world is so far beyond ludicrous that it's not worth the time I'm spending typing this

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why did you spend the time typing it (sorry, couldn't resist). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously though, one thing's for sure ... I don't know about you, but with me ... when someone 'craps' on me, I for one remember, and don't give them a 2nd chance to do it again.

Thus, in that same light, TPTB of the TOC will from this point going forward, have SERIOUS credibility issues, all because of this change.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah! yeah! you show them! man they are going to regret [censored] with you.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:34 AM

You're right, the next time someone tries to give me slightly less equity in a virtual freeroll that I earned for doing exactly what I would have done if the freeroll weren't available--I'm going to spit in their face.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:03 AM

I got a deal where in addition to my salary I get a share of revenues due to intellectual property I create. My salary is not so exciting, but that 30% of IP revenues is really sweet. But when tallying my royalty checks, they seemed light by about an eighth. It turns out that somehow the CEO, COO, and CFO were cut in.

At first I was real angry about this. But then I stumbled on this thread and you guys made me feel much better. I now realize that it is for my own good. I had thought that I was the one working to make it possible for money to go into their three pockets; and now I realize that they are really working for me, helping me to make money.

You guys are the best. I never would have come to this conclusion on my own. I feel like the luckiest worker on the face of the Earth.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:05 AM

New information from Daniel Negreanu:

The first topic of conversation was the TOC and the three player exemptions that were added late in the game. He [Jeffrey Pollack, the man in charge of the WSOP] gave me a genuine apology for the way it went down. He agreed that the players should have known from the get go that they may add player exemptions. He also guaranteed that something like that would never happen again.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 11-11-2005, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The first topic of conversation was the TOC and the three player exemptions that were added late in the game. He [Jeffrey Pollack, the man in charge of the WSOP] gave me a genuine apology for the way it went down. He agreed that the players should have known from the get go that they may add player exemptions. He also guaranteed that something like that would never happen again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, at least it wont happen at next year's TOC, since they already announced the inclusion of exemptions. We'll have to wait and see regarding the WSOP itself.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:38 PM

i'm only watching it on tv, so to me, i'd rather watch johnnie chan and phil hellmuth than 2 no-names i've never heard of...
Old 11-11-2005, 07:54 PM

I think it's awesome that the TOC apologized, as well they should have. It wasn't fair, and they deserved to be called on it. My only issue was with taking it to the level of protraying poker pros as persecuted martyrs defending us regular joes against the all-smothering forces of tyranny. Or that this has any real analogy to real people working hard all year for what these guys make in an day playing a game.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:50 PM

Just because someone has a lot of money doesn't mean they are disqualified from fighting to right an injustice.

If your house was burning down, would you only let the neighbors who made the same amount of money as you throw water?

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 11-11-2005, 09:02 PM

Wow. Cogent metaphor. Spot on. I submit.

Are you serious with these analogies or are you just baiting me?