Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Stars 55 rebuy, bubble, SB vs BB

Stars 55 rebuy, top 18 pay 21 left, sb has 13BB, I have 12 BB in the BB, I am 19th in chips

Folded to SB and he pushes I have A10o, whats my play ?
Old 10-30-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Stars 55 rebuy, bubble, SB vs BB

Easy call. Unless you really need the 2nd table money badly or SB has been playing like he does.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:30 PM

nope I dont care about the 18th place money, I ended up calling, but not sure if it was right...I still have over 10BB and just paid my blinds...
Old 10-30-2005, 06:46 PM

Um with 12 BBs I'm not loving it. Do you have any read on this guy? I feel like unless he is noticeably aggro or is likely to play bully here, he really doesn't want to bust on the bubble either and hes just jamming it in there with his AQ or TT or whatever. I just think that your average player isn't making this move with many hands worse than AT. If you had fewer chips then maybe.

Everett
Old 10-30-2005, 06:55 PM

This is definitely my best tournament on stars. Who was the opponent? I have a pretty decent read on most of the regulars in that tourney.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um with 12 BBs I'm not loving it. Do you have any read on this guy? I feel like unless he is noticeably aggro or is likely to play bully here, he really doesn't want to bust on the bubble either and hes just jamming it in there with his AQ or TT or whatever. I just think that your average player isn't making this move with many hands worse than AT. If you had fewer chips then maybe.

Everett

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on your read on the player and how he is playing the bubble. If villain has been playing tight, I would get out of his way. Pushing form the SB is a standard play. Has villain done this before? He could also be pushing because he is afraid of busting on the bubble and has a strong hand. That strong hand may or may not be ahead of yours.

Sklansky did not an article on how it is EV+ to push for 30xBB with A6o. Sklansky did a chart of what hands you could profitably push with heads up if your opponent knew your cards and played perfectly. It was a pretty large range. This is a good semibluff.

I would open push here with a large portion of my hands. I got busted out of a tournament open pushing from the SB for 12xBB with A4o when Gigabet called me with K8o.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:06 PM

Given your position, I call here. I'd be surprised if you were in bad shape, and I wouldn't be suprised if he was in bad shape.