Old 09-06-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Pumping New Orleans

I'm sure georgi can work it out.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They should dump it into a landfill where it would easily evaporate. Pumping it into the river is very stupid because it would just submerge and stay underwater forever. By pumping it to a shallow landfill it would evaporate and we would no longer have to be concerned with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Genius. I have a similar plan. Tell me what you guys think.

I think we should re-route the power coupler from the tri-lithium crystals into the main deflector array. Then we should position the Enterprise in Geo-stationary orbit above NO. We then run all of our warp engine output throught power coupler and through the main-deflector array and hit NO with a blast massive blast of warp-power. That should immediately evaporate all the water, problem solved.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just silly. The main deflector array cannot possibly handle that much power.

[/ QUOTE ]

It can if you use a flux capacitor.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They should dump it into a landfill where it would easily evaporate. Pumping it into the river is very stupid because it would just submerge and stay underwater forever. By pumping it to a shallow landfill it would evaporate and we would no longer have to be concerned with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should re-route the power coupler from the tri-lithium crystals into the main deflector array. Then we should position the Enterprise in Geo-stationary orbit above NO. We then run all of our warp engine output throught power coupler and through the main-deflector array and hit NO with a blast massive blast of warp-power. That should immediately evaporate all the water, problem solved.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just silly. The main deflector array cannot possibly handle that much power.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but then you have to get it up to 88 mph for it to work. And something like plutonium to generate the 1.21 jigawatts of power.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but then you have to get it up to 88 mph for it to work. And something like plutonium to generate the 1.21 jigawatts of power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone got a DeLorean and a bunch of plutonium?
Old 09-06-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone got a DeLorean and a bunch of plutonium?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ebay is your friend.

Now getting that plutonium should be a piece of cake!
Old 09-06-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else just starting to get the idea this is a troll? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

the confusing thing is his posts up to this point dont seem exactly troll-like. oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his initial post was genuine, then he realized how stupid it was and decided to get all troll-y on us.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the evidence I need to convict on troll-iosity:

This guy's SN=the name of Daniel Negraneau's dog.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:20 AM

Nothing beats beach front living in a high end area.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:05 AM

Lake Pontchartrain has been too polluted to swim, fish, or do anything else in for years. There are whole areas of the lake that are "dead zones," so-called because nothing can live within them.

It's already the dumping ground for four states worth of toxic chemicals and other waste. A little dog [censored] ain't no thing.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:54 AM

I hear TV commentators saying that the water in NO is 'going down' now. This is incorrect. In NO, when the water leaves, it goes up.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[if you have an average of five posts in response to every moron who starts a thread in OOT you reach 16K pretty fast I imagine.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait.... did Swede just call me a moron?