Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Embarassing moment, WSOP quallies at RIO.

[ QUOTE ]
Is this the kid with the short blond hair who likes to wear shorts and a sleeveless shirt, and dark glasses that are rectangular?

He's been around since day one and can't handle a beat as ordinary as having two pair beaten by a flush on the turn after having been called with a four flush on the flop, with adequate pot odds.

He calls people names and tells them how bad they play. One time, he angrily said, "I got run over by grandma", after being outplayed by an elderly woman. This guy should be barred.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen this guy all the time. I can not stand him. Some guy called down his bluff in the 2nd chance tourney to bust him and he would not leave the guy alone. Stayed around for another 2 hours or so watching our table to let the guy know how "bad" he was for calling him. It was ridiculous and i wish he was banned from the rio.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:52 PM

Yes, this is him. I've been playing in public cardrooms for over ten years and I have yet to see anyone like him. I'm shocked that there exists such a person. I am not exaggerating.

Someone broke him at a one table satellite. He was the second person out. He stayed around the table until the satellite was over 40 minutes to an hour later berating this person telling him how bad he was. I was already playing at another table once I got knocked out and he continued to stay at the other table. He told him, "You never have and never will win a satellite in your life!", the whole time he was there.

The guy he was berating unfortunately did not win at that particular table. He was eliminated last. But I'm happy to say that he won a second chance tourney two nights later.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:18 PM

How do these guys make it into their twenties without someone having enough and giving them a physical smackdown. I am not the macho type, so I would probably just ask the floor to remove him. I know many many people wouldn't just allow someone to verbally abuse them.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:30 PM

I talked with someone who said he "completely lost it" with this guy at a one-table satellite. Nothing physical happened.

If this guy plays 5 satellites per day from now till the end of the Series, the odds are high that something bad could happen to him. He can't handle losing to something that is a 2 to 1 underdog on the flop. This will happen often. And he has shown that he is willing to stick around a table long after he has been eliminated just to call the person who beat him bad names and insults. And these persons are strangers to him.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:35 PM

This is probably a naive comment, but has anyone called security/floor on this guy or anything?
Old 06-22-2005, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is probably a naive comment, but has anyone called security/floor on this guy or anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

i smash this punk with my stick if he open his trap. someone post a cellphone pic. i'll find him.

wooo

Old 06-22-2005, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i smash this punk with my stick if he open his trap. someone post a cellphone pic. i'll find him.

wooo

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd pay good money to see this! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this the kid with the short blond hair who likes to wear shorts and a sleeveless shirt, and dark glasses that are rectangular?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this kid had a white t-shirt, with brown hair.

Also, I'd like to stress that I didn't see the whole incident, and he very well coulda been provoked. The guy coulda made a comment after the kid got busted and the kid wasn't too fond of it.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What doesn't seem right is the $125 buy-in with $50k bankroll.

You can probably hear similar spats most days at the WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone wanna play for a million, yeah i thought so...i'm so cool. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]