Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 06:27 AM

Default Re: Dumbest thing you\'ve ever heard?

[ QUOTE ]
This is me: I'm at a restaurant after our district Cross Country meet (which I won, incidentally) ordering my meal and the waitress asks me if I'd like soup or salad. They always seem to say it fast so it comes out sounding like "would you like a super salad," So I say "Yep." How can I pass up a "Super Salad?"

The waitress gets a blank look on her face and asks again, "would you like a soup or salad?" I say "certainly." She says "you're going to have to choose sir."

Me==>>"Choose what?"
her==>>"Either a soup or a salad"
Me==>>"Oh I'm a retard, I'll have a salad." everyone at the table agrees.

Waitress==>> "And would you like a bottomless soda with that"

Me==>> "Does it come with refills".....

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored], I went to dinner with my CC team and my friend thats a little "slower" had the same "super salad" problem. Sorry but this just made me laugh real hard, what are the odds. No soda part though unfortunately
Old 10-08-2005, 06:40 AM

Figure I should quick add some of my own.

In a high school math class the teacher worked out a problem and the answer ended up being 0 and this girl raises her hand and is like "I got negative 0 is that ok?" This was like pre-calc...

I feel like I should have more as I remember myself saying that is the dumbest thing ive ever heard every time my ditzy neighbor comes by which is daily, so ill see what i can get for tomorrow.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:03 AM

senior year of highschool, i heard one of the dumbest exchanges that is still a favorite story of mine to tell when this topic comes up.

the class was some current issues filler class that everyone tried to take because the teacher was pretty easy going. he was a good guy and he seemed fairly intelligent regarding cultural issues but...

he had no concept of what the number "billion" really meant. he was thoroughly convinced that one billion = a million million, instead of a mere thousand million.

one day he is speaking about how ludicrously wealthy bill gates is, and decides to put it into context for the class.

Mr. J: "bill gates is so rich, he is worth 80 billion dollars. this means he could give every single living american 1 million dollars, and still have 76 billion left for himself."

class idiots: "woah, well why doesn't he do that then?!"

mr j: "because then....a loaf of bread would cost.... one hundred thousand dollars."

class: "woah" blah blah

dumb girl: "i aint paying that much for no bread!
Old 10-08-2005, 08:01 AM

I'm ashamed to say this is about my own mother [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I was due to pick her up from the airport on the way back from the US (I'm in the UK), and she phoned me from the airport. It was 11am my time.

"You know we're in at 12?"
"Yes, mum."
"What time is it there?"
"11 in the morning, mum"
"You better leave now then."
"Wha...wha...it's in 13 hours!?!"
"No, you forgot the time difference!"

I must have been found under a bush or something.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:30 AM

Trying to figure out who we want to pick as our "Most important person of the century" in high school history.

Girl wants to pick the Beatles because they made good music. Someone else suggests Ghandi. Girl replies with:
"Ghandi? Who the hell is Ghandi?"
Old 10-08-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he had no concept of what the number "billion" really meant. he was thoroughly convinced that one billion = a million million, instead of a mere thousand million.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some places on this planet, he would be right about that billion. Not in the USA, 'tho. (Just where he would be right is left as an exercise for the reader.)
Old 10-08-2005, 10:24 AM

Yah, billion is or was 1,000,000,000,000 - might not be now for financial transactions/reasons.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:41 AM

Someone once asked me if I spoke "Asian."....
I had a person once ask me if my eyesight was tapered on the edges...you know since I am Asian and have small "slanted" eyes....at first I thought it was a ignorant racist joke...but after a minute of berating him I found out that he was serious. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2005, 11:09 AM

From me: In college, they had just come out with "The Clapper". We were watching a commercial about it, and one of my friends asked "I wonder what happens if you have the Clapper attached to your TV when this commercial comes on? Does it turn off?" Other friend: "Oh, I bet they make the clapping sound an even number of times during the commercial so the TV ends up back on"

From my wife: A friend of hers in high school was convinced that "trees made the wind" and that's why you always see the trees blowing when it's windy - they're making the wind.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:52 PM

In high school once, I over heard two people discussing a picture of the space shuttle Challenger crew. You know, the standard photo where they're all standing in their flight uniforms.

"I wonder if this picture was taken before or after the explosion."

"You stupid idiot! If they took the picture AFTER, there'd be arms and legs and eyeballs all over the place!"