Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Riddle me this...

So I'm told that the $22s are just as easy as the $11s and that anybody with a winning record at the $11s could have a winning record at the $22s, and I'm just throwing money away by not moving up. So my question is...what gives?

Sample too small? I don't like hearing this response because it means that if I get a bigger one my ROI will magically shoot up. I don't want to keep throwing my money away.

The one difference I notice between the two is that I'm rarely over 900 chips by level 4 at the $22s. This happens almost once a set (of 4) at the $11s if not twice. Because of this I'm forced into the push/fold mode sooner which is the reason for my unusally large 5-8th placement. My ITM is also much lower (obviously) at the $22s.

Sigh, I guess this is sort of a bad beat post. But I'm just a little frustrated with the people on these forums saying that the $55s and lower are a total cakewalk and anyone with half-a-brain could beat them.

Bleh, flame away.