Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 10:24 PM

Default Favorite Poker Quotes

Haven't seen one of these posts in awhile (maybe I'm blind). But thought I'd start one. Can be from movie or otherwise.

Mine is from the Cincinnati Kid - "I don't need marked cards to beat you buddy" --Cincinnati Kid
Old 09-10-2005, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Favorite Poker Quotes

If you want to be successful in business, surround yourself
with smarter people. If you want to be successful in poker, surround
yourself with idiots.

-Abdul Jalib (I think)

Little annoys me more than when people are condescending and wrong. If you are going to be rude, at least be right.

-Ed Miller
Old 09-11-2005, 07:08 AM

one poker one non-poker

Poker is a microcosm of all we admire and disdain about capitalism and democracy. It can be rough-hewn or polished, warm or cold, charitable and caring, or hard and impersonal, fickle and elusive, but ultimately it is fair, and right, and just.
-Lou Krieger

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 09-11-2005, 07:55 AM

"Better yet, every time you would stop to think, just call instead. It's better than thinking."

--David Sklansky
Old 09-11-2005, 08:11 AM

"Giving Phil Ivey more chips is like giving Charles Manson the keys to your house." - Norman Chad

"It's so quiet in here you can actually here Phil Hellmuth thinking to himself, 'I am the best player at this table'." - Norman Chad
Old 09-11-2005, 09:25 AM

"So after we go bet (hello) raise (hi) 3-bet (I might have something) 4-bet (I know you know I don't have to have much to check-raise and could be restealing) 5-bet (I thought you might think that, but I really do have a pair) we finally get to a point where Mike starts communicating to his opponent that he really can beat top pair. 6-bets - I have top pair or better. 7-bets I have top-pair-top-kicker, eight-eight, or better. 8-bets - I can beat that. call.

Now, the opponents call here means one of two things. a) you've scared me, I have a good hand, but ok, maybe you really do have me beaten. b) screw this small bet stuff, let's get to the expensive streets and continue the conversation."

-mike l.

"repeat after me: nobody ever believes anyone ever has anything, so nobody folds anything ever. "

-mike l.

"After all of Tommy's posts in the past, I wasn't sure what to expect out of his play. The part about him playing the button and usually knowing what his opponents have on the turn without them having a clue what he's got is absolutely correct. Even in our home game, I could never put him on a hand until he called the river. That's when I knew I was beat."

and all the tommyisms
Old 09-11-2005, 11:36 AM

"Can you believe these [censored] guys? Sorry we want to talk about something different at a poker table for once. Bunch of [censored] idiots come in here every night saying the same [censored] to eachother. "I thought you had the 8!" "No I thought you had the 8!" "Hahahahaha" "Can you believe he had 79 offsuit?" "No!" And they have the [censored] nerve to make fun of us? Give me a [censored] break. Like they have any [censored] clue what they are talking about."

-bdk3clash

"Good to see that a player like you isn't averse to using the occasional poker cliche!" (after I said, and everybody folds like a cheap suit like a total nerd)

-bdk3clash

"Yellow cards are lucky for the yellow man!"

-many times by sfer
Old 09-11-2005, 06:24 PM

Whoa--did I really say all this? I think I look smarter after going through the James282filter.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:33 PM

In order to live, you must be willing to die.

~Amir Vahedi
Old 09-11-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"Yellow cards are lucky for the yellow man!"

-many times by sfer

[/ QUOTE ]

or the alternate version:

"yellow cards, yellow chips, yellow man! i can't lose!"