Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Top & bottom and im lost inbetween

All players are donkish

PP $2/4

I get delt the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB.

preflop: UTG+1 limps, MP1 limps, MP3 limps, button limps, I complete, BB checks.

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6sb)

I bet, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 raises, button folds, I call, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

I call planning to check/raise any non heart turn.

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8.5BB)

I check (planning to raise MP3), BB bets, UTG+1 raises, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, I call, and SB calls.

River: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (14BB)

I check, BB checks, UTG+1 bets, I call, BB calls.

Final pot (17BB)

I know there's a better way to play this.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Top & bottom and im lost inbetween

I think it is imperative that you three-bet the flop and lead the turn. MP3 will take the free card, like, a lot, and if he does...well, ouch.

Will
Old 04-02-2005, 07:45 PM

I like a re-raise on the flop. 6:1 is decent odds to be laying. Anyone with a pair calling you is losing money.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:45 PM

I tend to like 3-betting the flop better. Of the three limpers between you and the button, some of them MUST be calling with a pair + over, or other weak draws. I think you have to make it 2 bets to them in order to knock them out or to charge them more.

It appears that most of the confusion on the turn/river was due primarily to an overcard to the 9 hitting, and because that's going to happen such a large percentage of the time, I think you have to 3-bet the flop.

Another line you could have possibly taken was to C/R the flop to begin with. If you were so keen on waiting until the turn to shut out draws, why did you bet out to begin with? There seems to be disconnect between your thinking here.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you were so keen on waiting until the turn to shut out draws, why did you bet out to begin with?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good question. I bet out planing to 3-bet until the person closing the action raised, I figured it would be a good time for a check/raise..."I thought about him buying a free card, but I did it anyway."

I need to look at the pots more when im playing. I can see it all when I look at hands on here (ie. Raising giving them 6-1) but never do it when im playing. It's kinda hard when you play 6 tables.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:03 PM

c/r the flop, your hand is great now, but very vunerable....if you dont think thats likely (I'm really doubting someone doesn't bet), then you should have gone ahead and 3 bet this, you've got more to worry about on the turn than just a heart falling, so you want to get your bets in now.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:21 PM

you have the ultimate power....SIK, use htat power to threebet the flop and lead the turn. Someone will come along for the ride
Old 04-02-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have the ultimate power....SIK, use htat power to threebet the flop and lead the turn. Someone will come along for the ride

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hardly call top and bottom pair (especially when the top pair is a 9) the ultimate power. This hand is very vunerable.

Tho I still agree that if you aren't going to c/r you should 3 bet.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:24 PM

I 3 bet the flop. If you can even get one heart to fold or any 3 with a higher kicker, you've bought yourself a ton of outs.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think SIK followers were fish. This miracle, what the SIK did to me today, has opened the floodgates. ALL HALE THE SIK!