Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2005, 07:41 AM

Default Inducing the bluffcall (LC)

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (5 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Button has Qs Js (one pair, aces).
Hero has Ad Jd (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 9.50 BB. </font>
Old 04-03-2005, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Inducing the bluffcall (LC)

Againts the right opponent that is a great move. You should try this against people who just canīt resist trying to steal the pot on the river when checked too. Whatīs strange though is that they will often fold to the river bet but will often call the river CR although they donīt have shite, as in this hand... You gotta love PP donks...
Old 04-03-2005, 10:18 AM

maybe this is results oriented, but if you bet hed probably raise you. you can then 3bet and hell crying call.
=D
Old 04-03-2005, 11:28 AM

I disagree.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:36 AM

Disagree with what?

Without read I would bet this river 100%. Why would this guy call a A33, rainbow flop, without a pair? He wants to call it down and we want him to do it. If he got A or 3 he will often raise river if we bet.

If u check this river he will normally check behind and yes, u lost 1 BB trying to be tricky.

If there is a draw on table I can understand this check, trying to induce... but what are we looking for now? Why should he bet a small pair?
Old 04-03-2005, 11:57 AM

I disagree with TStoneMDB's statement about betting because he'll raise. I don't think, given the previous action, he'll raise this river very often.

I'd bet out the river as well, but only so it won't get checked through, not in order to 3bet.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:58 AM

He's only going to call the river.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Disagree with what?

Without read I would bet this river 100%. Why would this guy call a A33, rainbow flop, without a pair? He wants to call it down and we want him to do it. If he got A or 3 he will often raise river if we bet.

If u check this river he will normally check behind and yes, u lost 1 BB trying to be tricky.

If there is a draw on table I can understand this check, trying to induce... but what are we looking for now? Why should he bet a small pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that it was an AT3 flop, not A33. I was pretty sure he would bet any T on the river and call a c/r. He would also bet a weak A obviously and lots of different bluffs. I'm not sure about PP's but it's very possible. This player was very bad as you can see and I think a c/r here is profitable though it's certainly not my default.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:06 PM

Against an aggressive player, and with some kind of read, I think there is some scope for making this kind of play.

I would prefer a board that looks like a missed draw (for you or him) than this one, and I am not sure of the math for getting a call versus the number of times he checks behind or does not call the CR. If you have been betting some hands on a steal, or think he suspects that, or the board is drawy (so he probably does not call you if you bet) then I like it but this move is heavily read-dependent and you may not get away with it more than once against the same player (on the other hand he may go on tilt after you humiliate him like this).
Old 04-03-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was kidding.