Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 06:11 AM

Default Awwwwwwww FCKKKKK!

Ok, this time I was home. I fcking forgot. Did my friend, Colgin play? Watch out for this cat, he's Go0t! May I ask, please, for someone to send me a day-of reminder? How could you not? I am King-Dead-Money. Top KotZ-2004 w/o money!!

I will repeat!
Joe Tall
Old 01-07-2005, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Out 15th (long)

[ QUOTE ]
next hand, I wake up with AA, push all in; Zam calls with AKo and hits four hearts on the board to leave me with T 20
Shauna

[/ QUOTE ]

On that hand, you said something like "oh well, lets get it over with quick" and then moved all-in. I immediately put you on AA and couldn't believe Zam called you with AK. I swear, if I had KK, I would have folded I was so convinced you had AA.

Anyway, it was a great comeback. Well played.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Awwwwwwww FCKKKKK!

[ QUOTE ]
Did my friend, Colgin play? Watch out for this cat, he's Go0t!

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe Tall,

Thanks for the kind words. I was good enough to take your dead money place for you last night. My goal was to make the top 20 but I busted out in 30th place (out of 55). I felt like I played pretty decently (for a guy who stopped playing NL about 18 months ago).

The two hands that crushed me I got my chips in the middle with the best of it and got outflopped/outdrawn. Meh!

Hand 1. Blinds are $75/150 and avg. stack around T1800-2000. I have around T1600. Shortstack at the table has gone all-in a few times and everyone has folded. Short-stack (I can't remember whot it is) is UTG+2 and goes all-in again for about T800. I call in the SB with JJ. Short-stack has A9s and the flop is A-x-x- with a final board of A-x-x-A-x. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Hand 2. A few blinds later I am down to around T450 and like really need to quadruple up to get back in this. I go all-in with KK and get called by (if I remember correclty) the person who previously mugged me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and the big stack at the table (I think it was slukes). The flop comes x-3-3. Mugger bets about half his remaining stack (I was hoping he would have just gone all-in) and big stack contemplates and calls. The turn is another 3. Mugger bets the rest all in and, again after thinking, big stack calls. Mugger flips over QQ and big stack AK. Just when I thought I might have a second chance an Ace comes on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Still fun times. See you at the next one.

Colgin
Old 01-07-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Re: UncleDuke is first King of 2005

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GreatAuk, aka UncleDuke

[/ QUOTE ]

Simon, shouldn't we get a cut of his winnings since we sent him the password? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[note to self] Ignore password requests at the last minute!

In fairness, there was a really good influx of new players tonight - I counted 20 debutants amongst the field, and they gave the established KotZ regulars a bit of a thumping really (Top 3 places, and five in the money).

[/ QUOTE ]

As a newbie (Patricio) who snuck in with a last minute password request, I want to express my gratitude for the opportunity to be grist for the mill... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm just striving to be a Rosencrantz or a Goldenstern in this KOTZ drama, and last night I almost made it to that level - maybe next time I'll get a longer look....
Old 01-07-2005, 10:55 AM

Congratulations to GreatAuk on the victory. I had a great time last night in my first KOTZ tourney.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: KOTZ Schedule

I would love to have a HORSE or HOSE type event. But I really doubt that is within Stars software capacity or they'd probably offer it as one of their regular game types. Whatever new forms of tournaments Stars brings, it will very likely find it's way onto the schedule at the expense of one of the HE events. This includes the possibility of a mid-season change in schedule if they were to offer a new game as I did when I changed a normal NLHE tourney to a rebuy when they started offering those last year.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:39 AM

I (Pasty11) would also like to congratulate the GreatAuk on his victory.

Its strange, but if prior to the event someone had told me id hit the second place spot in my first ever KOTZ event I would have been all wooohooo yeeeaa. However after losing my heads up dual with the Greatauk I felt quite deflated. So close and yet so far.

I think being so far (23 minutes when I bust) from my next cup of tea had a very detrimental effect on my psyche and wasnt fully able to project my will into the titanic struggle. I eventualy snuck into bed about 7.30 am quite subdued.

However when I woke up, I was like yea, Im the man (-1). This was my first ever final table and I think held my own in those dizzy hights. I dont play many multis though I do play many 2 tabler sng's which these tournies resemble to a degree.

Anyway it was great fun and I look forward to the next event were I am sure I will bust first.

On another note, is the fact that a Brit has won this award two years running despite the field being roughly 8-1 in favour of the North Americans the reason it starts at 2 am Her MaJes time. Angle shooting from our American cousins perhaps? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2005, 12:09 PM

Also congrats to UncleDuke. I had a great time as well, though I am not sure how well I played. Patsy11 can attest to my suckouts. Alas a stupid push on a semi-bluff where I should have know UncleDuke both had it and had odds to call killed me off. I am glad to see he put my chips to good use.

On a lighter note, I did have a last longer bet with myself to beat lorinda. If I beat her I was going to drop the 215 to play sunday's big game. I should have known this was a dream but I save the 215 anyway.

Can't wait for the next game!!!

Ryan (aka rybones)
Old 01-07-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wooohooo yeeeaa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Macho Man Randy Savage?

[ QUOTE ]
On another note, is the fact that a Brit has won this award two years running despite the field being roughly 8-1 in favour of the North Americans the reason it starts at 2 am Her MaJes time. Angle shooting from our American cousins perhaps? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Blame me, I set that time for the inaugral KotZ event in May 2003 and it has remained at that time ever since. Late enough for the west coast Americans to play and just about early enough for us (die hard) Europeans. If you think we have it bad, have a word with some of our Scandinavians cousins.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:13 PM

you live in ann arbor -- go to school

im from jackson not to far away

congrats last night

cheers