Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Collection starts for \"Granny Goes To Vegas!\"

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, email sent.

There is no mention of how winnings, if any, will be disbursed. Having the money go directly into our True accounts would seem like the best, easiest solution, though, as backers and accounts will be matched up perfectly, thus eliminating the possibility of error that having a variety of disbursement methods might cause.

PS, it is my hope to see footage of Grannie Mae winning a hand with Grannie Mae and standing up and shouting out, no doubt to mystification of most of those around, "Grannie Mae!" That will be well worth the price of admission.

[/ QUOTE ]

hi all,

i just want to make a quick comment on the 'contract' stuff.

following the model that greg had used last year, this is what basically will happen. it worked fine for them, and should do well here.

pre-tournament there is a list that will be constructed that simply identifies all individuals contributions and spells out that each $40 represents x%.

then, all of the people on the list send me an email that simply says
"my name is XXXXX, i have x shares, and i agree that i am responsible for my own taxes. if i live outside the US, i agree that granny will pay my taxes and i will receive the net winnings after the taxes are paid".

that's ALL we need pre-tourney. this list that will be created, these posts etc will clearly define who is in and will serve as a contract to identify all parties.

after the event was over last year, greg's attorney or CPA or whatever, simply contacted each investor and put the action in place for there to be an adjusted w-2 filed.

therefore, WHEN i win, i sign for everything. then we simply have the lawyers create an adjusted w-2 that is filed to represent the partnerships.

this worked well for them, and we will follow the same model. the ONLY other solution is to have 200 (or whatever) individual contracts created prior to the tournament, and that would cost me more than $10k.

so, the list will be public, everyone will email me agreeing in the email that they will pay their own taxes directly or through me, then we sort it out with attorneys afterward.

if this is not acceptable to you, please don't buy a share (ot two).

adjusted w-2's are very common, and if you think i am going to try and deny that all of you own 70% in me, then you don't trust the situation enough to invest. any court would recognize the final list as binding. seperate contracts pre-event are not needed.

i've also got someone checking with greg to see if we can borrow the format of the email he had all the investors send him that agreed they would pay their own taxes.

finally, i heard that top 6 will get over a million this year? wonder if that's true? yes, we are gonna win it all, but there is substantial dollars to be won pretty deep.

bbl
Old 05-21-2005, 04:09 PM

sent as well.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:18 PM

*Tell me if I need to send another share please.

mike emailed me earlier that after "round one" of purchasing single shares, he will tell us how many are left for us to reach out target of 3000/7000

so, in a couple of days, myself or mike will come here and say
"there are 57 shares left, please purchase however many more you would like"

i think mike thinks that the number will be in that area (57 or so shares left), and that should be pretty easy for us to sell. i know that many of my buddies promised $100 pledges, so i'm sure that $80 will be ok.

the word will come soon on how many more we need.

however, i have to tell david tomorrow whether to buy this seat for me or not. that's why mike is busting hump today and tomorrow.

if the interest pledged does not match the money actually sent in, then we have to call it off. since i am not keeping a premium, like is done in most backing deals, and i am eating the airfare and other expenses (happily), this has to be done like we have developed it.

i'm honored and thrilled to be representing you guys, but i am not taking a dime for the play. i am taking an equal share of the results versus my investment just like everyone.

that is all

THANKS!
Old 05-21-2005, 04:25 PM

...and i am eating the airfare and other expenses (happily)...

For your hotdog backing you need to find a more wealthy community than the Zoo. Perhaps that banker in Texas can step up? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Adde
Old 05-21-2005, 04:27 PM

Money transferred. I am also up for another 2 shares if we need it.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:35 PM

Default DOH!

Ran into a glitch funding the account. Sent an emait to support@TruePoker. If I can't get in today, save a acouple of shares for me.

Stu
Old 05-21-2005, 05:03 PM

I sent the email re transfer.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:12 PM

Here's an up to date new list.

You'll see that we are over-committed if Granny sticks with his $3000 allocation, although he has indicated to me that as he is so proud to be honoured by the Zoo in this way he wants to play it for the Zoo, and he may decide to give us $8000 of the action if the demand is there, rather than have someone miss out.

1 x $40 Granny-share

benedetti
BruinEric
cleinen
CRF250X
dengar

DocMartin
DrNo888
ewile
Folding Pete
Frequitude

Gallopin Gael
Geo
goodguy 1
Grail
handsome

HC5831
ilovemyZ
La Brujita
maryfield48
MILFChaser

ohkanada
Onaflag
pc in NM
radar5
razor

Ro-me-ro
skaughty
splashpot
StacysMom
Stew

Tapin
Templeton
Tenacious A
theghost
Vlorg

35 x $40 = $1400

2(?) X $40 Granny-shares

2easy
Adde
AAmaz0n
Bubu
BUD

busguy
byronkincaid
cbfair
Chairman Wood
craig r

Crix
Cubswin
DaveKForty7
David
ddollevoet

dealer toe
Death Valley
dink
dogsballs
Eder

ElSapo
Etaipo
Fraubump
grouchie
HavanaBanana

HesseJam
Hiding
HoldEmKilla
Hung
IggyWH

IndieMatty
Inthacup
itsmarty
jasonHoldEm
jayboo

jerome baker
Jim Kuhn
jon keck
Jordan
jwp

kdog
Krimson
Lawrence Ng
llabb
Losing all

Mackas
MicroBob
Mike Haven
mmbtOne
morgant

MuckJagger
n1stunnor
Nick-Zack
playersare
Pokeraddict

Rudbaeck
Senor Choppy
siccjay
Skjonne
Slacker13

Smackdab
sMeller
spamuell
Stu Pidasso
Subby

Sublime
Sully
SynSid
TBag
teamdonkey

TheMetetron
Tuco
Uglyowl
VinnyTheFish
wateronrock

WLVRYN

76 x $80 = $6080

Total = $7480

note - Slacker13 and splashpot are both on holiday until mid-week but guarantee to buy their Granny-shares
Old 05-21-2005, 05:13 PM

Default PS

hiya,

i'm waiting to hear back on permission to post a PM, and waiting to hear back from mike h, but am headed out and wanted to inject a recent suggestion.

it has been suggested by an AMAZING SOURCE (whom i am waiting for permission to post the entire verbatim messgae i got) that there is a better way to handle the tax part. the message contains simple, but optimal instructions on how to handle 1 time deal as opposed to an ongoing backing situation. basically, the suggested solution is for me to pay everones taxes and you would get your share of the after-tax winnings your percentage represents.

the message is much more detailed, and the money to everyone's pocket is the same, but it solves a ton of issues. it also allows you guys to get a net share that the taxes have already been paid on, so you would NOT have to declare.

more later, but it looks like this will be much simpler than i previously thought.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:17 PM

Mine was sent. Just waiting for a response. Thanks Mike