Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-29-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: reraising with AJ

[ QUOTE ]
And if I'm wrong, please correct me. What is our edge against 4 limpers?

[/ QUOTE ]

25.5% equity against four players playing
88-66,ATs-A4s,KJs-K8s,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,AJo-A9o,KTo+,QTo+,JTo
Thats 20% minus AA-99, AKs-AJs, AKo-AQo.
They are probably looser then that but it doesnt affect the equity to any bigger extent.

Still thats a decent edge. And even so postflop we will know where we are standing so we will always get the most of it. Against the normal 1/2 players i say its an easy raise.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:52 PM

OOP reduces edge..
Old 12-29-2005, 06:55 PM

True, but something says me these guys arent the hottest tags on the planet so we are probably going to get paid when we hit and maybe get a free card when we miss.

And nevertheless its still a decent edge.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree -- I'd bet the flop, then if CO raises and button reraises, you can drop the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not able to fold top pair good kicker on a two-flush flop when it's two back to me. I don't know if this is a leak. I don't think it is. Consider the CO will raise with any ace and often with other pairs, and the button will 3-bet a lot of aces and many flush draws, as well as stuff that owns you like two pair and sets.

I am in total agreement about betting this flop, though. B/c there wasn't a PFR you can't be sure anyone will bet in the first place. I donk this turn unless it's capped on the flop, that was if it's two back to me on the turn I can safely fold.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:14 PM

Men i call preflop as it is impossible for me to eliminate people by raising and then i prefer just call you make costly weak draws to remain in the hand and make Ax that are almost dead stay in the hand..thats all least what i think...
What i cant understand very well is something everybody seems to be clear: beting the flop with so many people in the hand Is it only to gain information??
Old 12-30-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Men i call preflop as it is impossible for me to eliminate people by raising</font> and then i prefer just call you make costly weak draws to remain in the hand and make Ax that are almost dead stay in the hand..thats all least what i think...
What i cant understand very well is something everybody seems to be clear: <font color="blue">beting the flop with so many people in the hand Is it only to gain information??</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">That's not why we usually raise pf in loose games. We do it for value. Everytime you get called by weak hands, you make money.</font>

<font color="blue">No, you bet the flop because you are VERY likely to have the best hand and VERY likely to get called by a worse hand. You are out of position, so you should tend to bet so that you don't give out a free card.</font>